Poll 2018 Mexican Grand Prix Out Of Ten

How did you rate the 2018 Mexican Grand Prix Out Of Ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Nice to have a different winner and a mix up in the order. But Dan retiring again is a ****ing joke.
Well done to Lewis putting the championship to bed. But it was a dull race.

5/10

I had no idea what was going to happen with all the tires going off and engines failing and there were some great battles all up and down the order so I found it to be pretty exciting

Id say 6. It wasnt thrilling but We had far far worse id still say the season opener was potentially worst race. It reminded me of what 1980s race was like. There was jeopardy because we didnt know if car or tyres would make it

At breakfast this morning, with my wife, kids and my mum and dad present, I announced that I would have to avoid all media today so that I could watch the highlights at 11pm on CH4.

Having managed to get to 9:50 this evening with no problems at all, my mum, reading from her laptop screen suddenly says "Lewis Hamilton wins his 5th world title....."

As soon as I'd heard the word "Lewis" I shouted "Noooooooi" but it was too late.

My mother has a long history of opening her mouth for the single purpose of swapping her feet. Suffice to say, I will no longer be watching the highlights of tonight's race and will therefore not be voting in this poll.

5. I liked the start, otherwise not much of a race.

The Heineken shrine - I mean podium - looked awful as did the DJ.

Congrats to Max and Lewis.

I didn't vote because I didn't watch most of it. I already knew Hamilton was champion but I skimmed through the race on one click of fast forward just to see the important moments. Wasn't that exciting it seemed to me.

4. Nice to see someone win who isn’t in Silver or Red...but in the end Hamilton wasn’t racing and surrendered the first corner even though he was ahead. Bottas and Raikonnen were invisible and Ricciardo’s car broke down, so it was really only a two car race....with Vettel never able to reach Verstappen. Even the best of the rest race didn’t really have much.

There was one tiny speck of hope over the weekend: there was sufficient evidence that next season Mercedes might not dominate qualifying resulting in high tyre wear during the race. For that it gets 4 plus 1 for the race.

There was one tiny speck of hope over the weekend: there was sufficient evidence that next season Mercedes might not dominate qualifying resulting in high tyre wear during the race. For that it gets 4 plus 1 for the race.
I was also thinking about this. It actually looked like yesterday that Ferrari was as good as or better than the Mercedes, and that Mercedes had a tire wear problem. For at least half this season this has been the case. The next two races hold an interest because I am not sure the Mercedes is stronger than Ferrari. I gather the 2019 cars are going to be a whole lot like the 2018 cars. So does this mean that Ferrari could well start 2019 with a superior car?

Back
Top Bottom