Poll 2018 Chinese Grand Prix Out of Ten

How did you rate the 2018 Chinese Grand Prix?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 4.8%

Votes: 2 9.5%

Votes: 6 28.6%

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rutherford

Podium Finisher
Honestly, it was an awful race up to lap 35 with cars incapable of getting close enough to their rivals. The safety car came out at the right moment and saved Red Bull's race.
Great moves from Ricciardo.

My score: 6

I woke up at quarter to seven so decided to get up and watch the race live; I could have woken up an hour later and still missed nothing.

2/3rds of the way through it was a 2 at best and then it all went a little bit bonkers.

Perhaps an 8 is too much but it made me chuckle. Red Bull rescued the race and even Horner made me laugh. Funny days.

Much fun at the end. Random Safety Car strikes again; wonder if we’ll see it in Azerbaijan!

Definitely worth a lucky Chinese 8.

The race could have turned into a procession but for the safety car and Red Bull's boldness which changed the outcome of the race so I'll give it a 7 otherwise I think it would have been a 5 and we would have seen finger boy with his digit on the top podium and Hamilton being miserable

What worries me is Kimi said he could not get close to Bottas once he was within 1 second and this is at the track with one of the longest straights which might not bode well at other tracks where traditionally passing was possible

It would have been an 8 or 9 if the first half was like the second half-I'm thrilled for Daniel and that Lewis finished ahead of Sebastian

What worries me is Kimi said he could not get close to Bottas once he was within 1 second and this is at the track with one of the longest straights which might not bode well at other tracks where traditionally passing was possible

The issue in China is the long turn which leads the drivers onto the backstraight the pursuing driver doesn’t have enough aerodynamic downforce to close up through the turn, instead he even loses time, if he was below 1 sec.. In effect he‘s understeering through turn 13 which closes the overtaking opportunity, even with DRS.
The Red Bulls were only possible to close up, because the lack of aerodynamic grip was compensated for in part by the mechanical grip due to having a different tyre compound.

It won’t affect races on stop and go circuits like Monza, Abu Dhabi and Baku.

First 10 laps were dull then it was a roller coaster of fun.
Plus my favorite driver won from nowhere. And Seb went from Pole to 8th haha.

Full marks 10/10

Maybe it was justice because the first 3 races we have seen Ferrari screw Kimi Raikkonen's race with deliberately deploying him as a mobile chicane

Yesterday he could have won the race but it seems to be Kimi does not get to call when he can come in.. the squeeze by Vettel at the start was not necessary on your own teammate

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom