Pre-GP Quiz 2017 United States Grand Prix Quiz

Olivier

Race Winner
Sorry for my lateness. I can't catch a break. To honour the latest Star Wars trailer, here you have the USGP/SW quiz ...

1. The First year the USGP took place?

1908. (+/- 5 years gives you 0.5 points)

2. Who has won the most USGP?

Michael Schumacher and Lewis Hamilton, 5 times each. 0.5 points each

3. Ferrari has been the most successful team at the USGP, when did they win last

4. After a big hiatus that lasted more than 40 years, the USGP was again run in 1958 at Riverside. What venue hosted the next year's race, for the first (and only) time

Sebring

5. What is special about 1976 when it comes to the USGP?

There were 2 US Gran Prix races that year, at Long Beach and Watkins Glen

6. Despite his 51 wins, the great Alain Prost would only win 1 time the USGP. Where and When?

1989, Phoenix

7. In 2005, seven team didn't start the race as protest for the problems with Michelin tires. This farcical event was won by Michael Schumacher followed by Rubens Barichello. Can you name at least 2 of the drivers who finished the race?

Tiago Monteiro, Narain Karthikeyan, Christijan Albers, Patrick Friesacher. Extra point if you got all of them

8. Out of the last 6 races, 5 have been won by the same driver. Who won the other race and when?

Sebastian Vettel, 2013. 0.5 points each

9. Due to a spat with Italian governing body, Ferrari famously entered his works car under a privateer. Who was this privateer and what was the name of his team

N.A.R.T.'s Luigi Chineti

10. Dan Gurney is one of the five American drivers who have won F1 races. What unsanctioned auto race (only ran 5 times) did he win in 1971? Can you name the car he was racing for extra bonus?

Cannonball Baker Sea-To-Shining-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash or simply Cannonball Run. He drove a Ferrari Daytona

I hope you've enjoyed. Give a pat on the back for participating.

Last edited:
A nice one, there were some I knew but got wrong.
Still reckon the Arkansas Chuggabug is the answer to at least one of them, can I raise this with the stewards?

Back
Top Bottom