Poll 2017 Japanese Grand Prix Out of Ten

How did you rate the 2017 Japanese Grand Prix Out Of Ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
It had it's moments but without Seb it was a bit flat.
Little bit of excitement at the end to give it a lift.

Last edited:
If any of you were unfortunate enough to have to put up with my ranting in Chat during the race you will know I didn't enjoy this race. 1 from me and that's only because 0 isn't an option.

If any of you were unfortunate enough to have to put up with my ranting in Chat during the race you will know I didn't enjoy this race. 1 from me and that's only because 0 isn't an option.
... it added a bit of enjoyment to the morning, FB!

I wished I'd stayed in bed. 2 from me.

i gave it a 6. it wasnt as entertaining as malaysia was 7 days ago but i still thought it was enjoyable enough & worth the annual 5:30am wake up :coffee:because lewis in that 2nd half of the race on the softs was pushed all the way by verstappen. he could never relax for a minute biggest gap post pit stop was 2.9secs so 1 slip by lewis. we had some nice battles all down the field

i thought it was alright i feel we have got to have perspective we've seen far worse races in 2011 particularly 2013 (up with 02 & 04 as worst f1 seasons) 2014 - 2016 with vettel & mercedes 1 horse races. as i say many times in prior 5 years we struggled to have 2 competitive drivers at the front. no we do at least have 3 reasonably competitive teams because as prior 2 grand prixs have proved if ferrari drop the ball we have someone else to take up the baton & give us a battle

although there is only 1 way to end this post

Last edited:
Not brilliant, not bad. Watching the cars round Suzuka at this pace is entertaining in itself. A generous 5 from me.

I watched the Channel 4 offering this afternoon. I’m glad I didn’t get up early. Absolutely no challenge for Hamilton. Which is always dull.

Once again, a single sport-cars race, in this case the IMSA Petit Le Mans, offered more on-track action and displayed more driving skill than the entire Formula1 Season. And this F1 race was so dull, even the "highlight" shows were snooze fests.

An over-generous 1

Well I've been away. Was in Lanzerote this morning with very poor internet that was only available near reception. So at 5.30, in the dark I was outside reception with my cup of coffee trying to get BBC 5 live commentary. I couldn't. Not available. I'd already discarded a streaming site as it was so buffery. I resorted to watching text updates on autosport live until halfway through some kind soul sent me a link that worked..even in a or internet. YEY!!!
So not the best viewing experience. Have now got back to UK and watched the channel 4 highlights........

An ok race. Shame that we were again deprived of a Vettel / Hammy ding dong. Hammy seemed to have it under control apart from the last hand full of laps. Another good race from Max. Bottas a little disappointing. I thought he'd get to third....and that was without a Vettel retirement. So an ok race but a Lewis win. A reckon a 6

Back
Top Bottom