2017 Indianapolis 500

Robert Wickens has been enjoying a stellar season in Indycar, but a horrific first lap accident at Pocono yesterday has left him in hospital with leg, spine and lung injuries.

Fingers crossed for a full recovery and, hopefully, a return to the grid in good time.

Galahad -this is very sad news again from indycar... for me, though, this is just yet another accident in Indycar- which is just too dangerous!

F1 is probably now too safe, but Indycar doesn’t seem to have learnt the lessons of the 20th century!

Contrary to the pundits I'll be amazed if Alonso does a full Indycar season; maybe one oval race as preparation for the Indy 500, but no more than that. What a lot to risk for a guy who has nothing to prove.

I haven’t had the nerve to watch the accident. I hope Robert recovers promptly. Ponoco seems to be kind of dangerous; It’s the nature of the sport but it doesn’t need to be more dangerous than than necessary when you’re driving around at 200 mph

Lost touch with indycar since it went to BT, Which is a shame as it had some fantastic racing at times. Some really underrated drivers like dixon kanaan & castroneves

Ive seen the incident as i always do once their ok for example always avoided blanchi footage & its incredible wickens was fine, well as fine as you can with 2 broken legs & a broken arm. Because horror crash is bad enough at 180+ but G force of them spins mustve been huge. Surprised he didnt black out. But as we always say it testiment to safety of these new cars & other safety advancement. Like kubica said on the new F1 interview podcasts, he believes without Hans in montreal 2007 he might not be here today

Back
Top Bottom