2017 Indianapolis 500

Galahad

Not a Moderator
Valued Member
Robert Wickens has been enjoying a stellar season in Indycar, but a horrific first lap accident at Pocono yesterday has left him in hospital with leg, spine and lung injuries.

Fingers crossed for a full recovery and, hopefully, a return to the grid in good time.

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
Galahad -this is very sad news again from indycar... for me, though, this is just yet another accident in Indycar- which is just too dangerous!

F1 is probably now too safe, but Indycar doesn’t seem to have learnt the lessons of the 20th century!

Galahad

Not a Moderator
Valued Member
Contrary to the pundits I'll be amazed if Alonso does a full Indycar season; maybe one oval race as preparation for the Indy 500, but no more than that. What a lot to risk for a guy who has nothing to prove.

Olivier

Race Winner
I haven’t had the nerve to watch the accident. I hope Robert recovers promptly. Ponoco seems to be kind of dangerous; It’s the nature of the sport but it doesn’t need to be more dangerous than than necessary when you’re driving around at 200 mph

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
Lost touch with indycar since it went to BT, Which is a shame as it had some fantastic racing at times. Some really underrated drivers like dixon kanaan & castroneves

Ive seen the incident as i always do once their ok for example always avoided blanchi footage & its incredible wickens was fine, well as fine as you can with 2 broken legs & a broken arm. Because horror crash is bad enough at 180+ but G force of them spins mustve been huge. Surprised he didnt black out. But as we always say it testiment to safety of these new cars & other safety advancement. Like kubica said on the new F1 interview podcasts, he believes without Hans in montreal 2007 he might not be here today

Top Bottom