Votes: 9 45.0%

Votes: 5 25.0%

Votes: 3 15.0%

Votes: 2 10.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5 - plenty of action down the field, if nothing at the top of field. great moves from Hamilton & Riccardio. exciting last 10 laps. Bottas did well even if he was never a challenger because vettel always looked like he was doing the jackie Stewart quote of winning at slowest speed

& i wasnt emotional at message from massa kid :teary:

Pretty average race but had some highlights so 6.

What a great send off performance for Massa in an absolute dog of a Williams car. It's basically a wheelie bin with a Merc engine in it and should suit the track at all. Top drive. Oh and his little Las waa right about his start (I went back and checked) it was awesome.

Great cut through the field by Hamilton and Ricciardo. Supreme driving by Vettel at the front. I'm with Niki Lauda on this one and think he won it Prost style - he had pace in reserve if needed.

Can I just highlight something said by the interviewer on the podium "everyone dreams of being in an Italian sandwich" WTF!?! What does that mean?

Mediocre spectacle that I would normally give a 5 but downgraded to a 4 as there was no standout action. Even the turn 1 shenanigans on the opening lap failed to raise an eyebrow. Max’s quote on the radio when asked about his speed behind Kimi, something like ‘I’m faster but trapped’ summed up all that’s wrong with the formula, and every DRS pass on the straight was a copy of the last.

I’m confident things will get better over the years, but right now, with no championship at stake, that’s the first race I’ve watched that I can remember that I’d rather have missed and done something else.

Last edited:
Brilliant race. Enjoyed Dan and Lewis scything through the field. Great battle all race between Alonso and Massa. Bottas pace the only let down.

Max’s quote on the radio when asked about his speed behind Kimi, something like ‘I’m faster but trapped’

That comment is very odd when taken in context of the rest of the race. He clearly didn't have the pace of Kimi as shown by the result. With tyre management etc I guess it's very easy to misjudge how fast you are compared to the person in front. Didn't help Max that Renault had to turn the turbo down on those engines this weekend to stop them going pop!

That comment is very odd when taken in context of the rest of the race. He clearly didn't have the pace of Kimi as shown by the result. With tyre management etc I guess it's very easy to misjudge how fast you are compared to the person in front. Didn't help Max that Renault had to turn the turbo down on those engines this weekend to stop them going pop!

I think there was a period when he was faster but dirty air thwarted any chance to get close enough at that time, at least that’s what I assume from his comment. Anyway, it’s an ongoing theme throughout the season and it’s awful.

Back
Top Bottom