2016 Rio Olympics

Absolute disgrace what happening in a paralympics the fact their being downsized. Scary because of this missing 8m payment 50 countries may not be able to attend but ive these ticketing worries since last Friday. Because when your struggling to sell out athletics night sessions. Then what on earth paralympic sessions going to be like. As ive said above. The Brazilians have cocked up. Because a established country would've found it difficult to hold an Annual Brazilian GP Olympics, Paralympics, Confederations Cup & World Cup in space of 3yrs

I think ive just seen my favourite GB gold medal of the games as just something about nick skelton gold. His medal ceremony & interview made me feel so lovely & emotional watching it :teary:

Sad time 1 of Greatest sprinters of all time usain bolt competes for final time in an olympics tonight. No pressure Jamaican other 3 as Win 4x100m & Bolt will equal Carl Lewis on 9 as most golds by an athlete. Think end unbeaten at olympics

I doubt his World Records will ever be beaten. Because Bolt has said the Bar so high. When you think pre bejing no one had gone under 9.7s WR was 9.74 & only Micheal Johnson had gone under 19.6 in history of athletics. But then we said about Michael Johnson 400m WR

Thought I'd come here for sensible opinions (too many trolls elsewhere!)
Does anyone know why the GB & Trinidad and Tobago teams were DQ in the 4x400m?
I watched our lads run a cracking race then was so annoyed at the lack of reason from the judges.
While I don't believe in the conspiracy theories (to get Brazil into the final) I find it astounding the judges don't seem to be able to back up the decision with camera footage which is ridiculous - this is the Olympics....supposedly the best of everything in the world. The lack of evidence/information is astounding. Rant over!

Elsewhere - so happy for our hockey girls absolutely fabulous, likewise I was a 6 year old again wing Nick Skelton with my heart in my mouth & I nearly shed a tear too.
Gutted for

damn! hit wrong button.
Gutted for Luleto Mohammed, he was so distraught. I'm very proud of his achievements and I hope in time he enjoys his silver and gets Gold in Tokyo.
Also gutted for all the para-olympians across the world who have trained hard for all these years to end up with the fiasco that is happening now....come on the Bernie Ecclestones of the world put your hand in your pocket and Brazil should give free or cheap tickets to every scool in a 50 mile radius.

I watched it live last night. I then waited up as long as I could and no one seems to know. Michael Johnson reviewed every change over with the BBC team and he couldn't see a single issue.

All of the change overs were well covered by cameras. There doesn't appear to be a problem anywhere.

It's a mystery and one that, if the organisers can't explain, should be overturned.

Dizzi i dont want to go in for conspiracy theories. But officiating has been questionable at times in athletics & boxing. when you have 4 former world class athletes with 25 Major Athletics Titles between them & even them hr later looking at slow motion footage even they were taking best guesses as too why. Because their is no conculsive footage & then it conveniently moves Brazil to fastest losers spot. You have to wonder

1 second from gold horrific & Like Mark Chapman said on twitter This is one of the most heartbreaking sporting interviews I've ever seen. Poor Lutalo Muhammad.

Last edited:
While Team GB have had a fantastic games, I have to say this has been the poorest Olympics in my memory. (I was born in 74 so the first one I really remember is Los Angeles in 84).

It began with all of the drug issues, the venues were late or not fully working on time. There was the poor treatment of the workers building the venues, including a number of deaths. There has been some appalling officiating at a number of events. Low attendances and poor sales. Even the usually decent BBC coverage has been utter garbage. Not good all round.

At least we have seen some great athletes from all nations.

fantastic from mo farah, slow race fast race no-one can beat him. what an achievement 1st man in 40yrs retaining both 5k & 10k olympic titles. think im correct that bar the commonwealth games Mo Farah hold every major title. gutted that forgot to put money on mo farah at 5/1 for sports personality of the year as he's now 5/2 & will only shorten in my eyes because he's like wiggins in 2012 that in combination of sporting achievement & popularity. i dont see who could top him. hopefully i will be successful in ticket application to see him win in the 10,000 at world champs next august. but what a run from butchart 4th, the last time i saw brit that close to mo farah, was when he was being lapped in the 10,000m

is it me that struggling believe that bronze medallist is a woman

Agreed, gold was his. Just like the Irish lad last week vs the Russian. The boxing judges have looked like corrupt scum this week. The Russian lad was so beat up he withdrew from the competition after he 'won'

2nd in medal table, beating the mighty china. Just brilliant. Never forget that day when we won 7 gold medals in a day. Although horrible thought knowing that its probably as good as it'll get for many olympics. Only problem id have is id enjoy olympics more. If only there wasnt so many near empty stadiums. Because it seemed like the Olympics were for world to enjoy but not home nation & Now on to paralympics what could be unfortunately with poor ticket sales & money troubles a disaster

But i was wondering earlier do you think discovery are going to regret their near 1bn TV deal. Because it the end of an era for so many Top athletes that wont be in Tokyo. U Bolt M Farah M Phelps J Ennis G Rutherford R Lochte A Powell A Murray R Nadal N Djokovic Serena Wiggins Cavendish T Dibaba & L Smith. So Tokyo will struggle to match the quality we had in these Olympics

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 10.06.05.png

One thing to keep in mind on that list is the fact that a number of countries including the US boycotted the Moscow 80 games. The Russians boycotted the 84 games and half of Russia was banned for these games. That's had a slight effect on the numbers.

Pretty darn good Olympics as far as I'm concerned. It's so nice when they are in your Time Zone (or within an hour or two). Not exactly thrilled that the next 3 games (Winter included) are in the Far East.

Back to Lochte for a moment. I was as saddened/angered as anyone about the debacle that dragged on for the last week, but I've certainly tempered those feelings as all the details trickle out. It's become clear that no real vandalism occurred. The statements from Rio authorities are just as much fabrications as Lochte's. There was never a broken door, mirror, or "soap dispenser", and the "poster" that took damage was almost certainly cracked beforehand.

For sure they pissed behind the gas station. But this is a country where human waste is funneled down from the hills right into the Ocean. They weren't exactly looking at jail time. Their biggest transgression in this situation was not reporting the complete story to the US Olympic Committee immediately. (we see how Rio police handled it)

If you had been drinking till 6 in the morning, did not commit vandalism, and were then forced to pay armed "guards" (speaking Portuguese) in order to leave the premises, it's not too hard to see why there has been mass confusion surrounding this incident. In my opinion they were clearly extorted, something which happens with regularity there. And that's the tale that should have been told. Why Ryan had to raise the stakes with an on-camera interview stating how they were pulled over and then had a gun cocked at his head is known only to him. My supposition is that he/they were mad at how things went down at the Shell.

And in reality they would have been doing everybody a favor if they had rendered this "restroom" unusable.

rio bathroom.jpg

(Did they just sledgehammer a hole in the wall?)
inside bathroom rio.jpg

(Please wash hands before returning to work!) Or just burn your clothes....

Back
Top Bottom