Poll 2016 Japanese Grand Prix Out Of Ten

How did you rate the 2016 Japanese Grand Prix Out Of Ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
I enjoyed the overtaking from Seb and Hammy. Just a shame we were yet again robbed of a Merc battle. It's almost as if they are conspiring to keep them apart :whistle:
Lewis Max at the end was good, Max pushing the rules yet again.

Nico looks certain to be champ now baring a DNF.

just a 6.

Some good action here and there but it suffers from coming close on the heels of a better race last week. It rates a 6 from me.

I gave the race a nine. I enjoyed watching Hamiltons "get away". It was also nice to see the outstanding performances of the Honda powered McLarens. Once again demolished on their own track.

A mean 5 from me, but that's not to say I didn't enjoy it. Hammy's poor start took a few points off, it meant we knew that Roschops would walk it from 10 seconds in. I was hoping for a proper showdown. Decent drive from the winner, and Max and Seb. Honda need to use something other than Civic 1.6L engines in their cars. No 'incidents', no standout overtakes, but not bad fare.

I watched it live, have read the reports, and still struggle to remember anything of particular note about the race that didn't involve Lewis bloody Hamilton. Nico deserves this year's title for being less of a tit than his exalted team-mate (but I still don't really care). A frustrated 5.

Good race and good drive by Hamilton after the 1st corner.

Was thrilled when it ended though because I couldn't take another "blue flag, blue flag!!!" radio transmission. Does Vettel think that people should just pull over at the first sight of scarlet in their mirrors?

Max has a patent pending on that ultra late defense. Eventually someone will set him up for it and he'll come off worse.

Absolutely.
It was just another skill that the top drivers had to hone.
If I had my way there wouldn't be blue flags.
Yellow, Red and Black should be enough for anything that occurs in the race.

Back in the day, passing backmarkers was considered the prime time to pounce on an opponent because being held up was inevitable.

-------------------------

That' s the way it was and that' sthe way it should have stayed. Some of the most iconic overtaking maneuvres that have made it into F1 folklore were instances of great drivers using backmarkers to catch rivals unaware. At a time when people have been complaining about the excessive difficulty for modern-day cars to overtake one another they have managed to remove one of the most effective - and entirely gimmick-free - methods of overtaking.

Why should backmarkers be forced to drive off the racing line? They are driving their own race and it should be the leaders' own responsability to deal with them, just as it is their own responsability to deal with any other change in track conditions.

F1 should really take a look at how they do things in the WEC. Drivers of slower cars in the WEC are actually instructed to stick to their racing line, and the onus is ALWAYS on the faster drivers to do their own overtaking. Removes any possible misunderstandings. While it's more of a necessity in WEC because of the vast speed differences between the different categories it would still make for better racing in F1.

Absolutely.
It was just another skill that the top drivers had to hone.
If I had my way there wouldn't be blue flags.

--------------------------------------------

Or rather they should revert to their original function i.e purely informative. Still blue flag: Car behind you. Waved blue flag: Car trying to overtake you. Without any distinction between backmarkers or leaders. Purely informative and in no way compulsory.

To be fair to the modern drivers back in those good old days the cars didn't have ridiculous amounts of Aero that made passing silly difficult and screwed your car and tyres up if you were behind a car for too long. It's all swings and roundabouts.

I suggest next time they're calling for blue flags Grandads you just undo another wurthers original and ignore it ;)

To be fair to the modern drivers back in those good old days the cars didn't have ridiculous amounts of Aero that made passing silly difficult and screwed your car and tyres up if you were behind a car for too long. It's all swings and roundabouts.

--------------------------------

They didn't have DRS to make it overly easy either...

Back
Top Bottom