Grand Prix 2015 United States Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

And so with the result of the Russian Grand Prix in and Hamilton taking maximum points with his team mate failing to score, the season moves from early evening into sunset as we head into the next race. Leading the championship by 66 points with 100 left to play for there is a chance that Hamilton could be packing his bags after the race and trying to find space for a World Champion Drivers trophy in among the hand luggage.

All this could take place among the stetson wearing f1 fans down there in the heart of Texas. I think it's reasonable to say that since the re-launch of the US GP at Austin just a few years ago, the race has cemented it's position as a popular track among fans and drivers. Finally, after many false starts it seems that the USA has an F1 track that lives up to the hype. That after many years of hoping that the magic of Indy would rub off (it didn't), any number of 90 degree cornered tracks would work (they didn't) or that the high rollers would really get behind a race in a car park (they didn't either).

The first corner, unlike so many in F1, actually has a number of lines that can be taken which opens up a number of overtaking options. This is followed by the down hill run of sweeping left and right handers. Carrying as much speed as possible out of turn one will ensure a great run throgh these corners. Running anti-clockwise unlike almost every other track in the season, the drivers are faced with a different physical challenge. It really looks like a track that rewards great driving.

It's no suprise to see that of the last 3 US races, Hamilton has won 2 and Vettel 1. With these two now first and second in the championship and at a track they both clearly run well at (Vettel set the first pole here in 2012) could it be possible that we may finally see an on track battle between the two? Of course, Rosberg will want to get right in there and keep is very slim hopes of the title alive.

Down the grid, there is really nice little battle between Kimi and the two Williams drivers for the 4th spot in the championship. Only 14 points seperate the 3 of them and, with Mercedes Constructors title sewn up, could it be possible that the Williams team suddenly find their engines have a little more 'umph'?

The two Dan's at Red Bull are only three points apart and with questions over the future of Red Bull they must be keen to come out on top. It's going to be a hard fight all the way with Ricciardo, who promised so much last season, finding himself behind Kvyat in a situation that few predicted at the start of the season.

Right at the back, is there enough time left in the season and enough performance in the car for McLaren to over haul Sauber and finish a mighty 8th in the Constructors? With a double points finish in Russia have they now found some realiability?

It's a rare thing these days to actually look forward to certain races. I don't know about you but I actually do look forward to the US GP. As places to win a world title go, it's a hell of a lot better than Abu Dhabi. At least Hamilton get's to spray real Champer's in the USA.

Last edited:
Incubus Schwantz was a much more spectacular rider than Rainey who was more consistent. That was one of the best rivalries in any sport which tragically ended due to Rainey's crash. IT would have been fascinating to see them two battle with Doohan who simply dominated afterwards in the face of no competition

--------------------------------------

There might be a chance of a lottery grid if it rains on saturday

He's going to use a new engine and will therefore exceed the maximum number permitted, which means an automatic 10 place grid drop penalty.

well its the first bit of bad PR for Ferrari in given they have been generating good PR with the stock listing and no doubt Haas will be promoting itself to the US fans

I don't think it's such a big deal to be considered "bad PR"... At least they will probably have more screen time than others as they will probably want to overtake some cars.

Did you see the weather this morning? A massive Hurricane is bearing down on Mexico City. The strongest Pacific Hurricane in history. 198mph winds.

Strong chance the Mexico race could be cancelled at this rate, even if the storm passes by next weekend it could cause a lot of damage.

There could easily be only 3 races left on the calendar at this point. If that is the case Lewis only needs 11 points to be uncatchable no matter what. So potentially 4th would do this weekend.

Hurricane Patricia Becomes Strongest Pacific Hurricane in History; Catastrophic Mexico Landfall Expected Friday

Screen Shot 2015-10-23 at 09.15.04.png

Last edited:
Mr Ecclestone will collect his money regardless of the conditions. Indeed he may want extra payment for damages to his car racing series by the race not being run.

Yeah I heard there abig storms forecast all weekend so could get interesting im atill expecting title to go to Mexico as it just seems to easy

Has the championship ever been the decided by a hurricane or bad weather before? :p

Though I would say it was long decided, but whatever.

Has the championship ever been decided by a hurricane or bad weather before? Would a weather affected race where a driver made a mistake, or made the wrong tyre choice be included in that? If so, almost certainly.

I hope the storm doesn't do too much damage to the folks in Mexico City, and no-one gets hurt or killed.

Highly unusual headline on Autosport, Button hopes Alonso "annihilates me" this week-end.

Kind of speaks volumes about the desperation of the situation at McLaren-Honda when a driver hopes his team-mate with the newer engine spec thrashes him just so there is a chance there could be a light at the end of the tunnel for his team.

unusual comment from Button indeed but Alonso should be remember he has the newer parts and needs to prove they work as well given. A bit of incentive for Fernando as well to show he is committed

Well at least Mclaren are taking a much more bullish approach unlike other teams who can;t get their house in order

During my 7-years, so far, of exile in Poland I have been able to enjoy/watch almost every session of F1 that I decided to tune in to watch - practise, quali and race .... even after the demise of Robert Kubica they remained committed beyond all reason.

Today, despite my best intentions, I turned on the TV to the correct channel at local time 17:00 and found that I was watching something called tennis. Within a few minutes, after both of the players seemed to get bored and went for a sit down, a scrolling message came up (in Polish) that coverage of the F1 would be shown after this 'tennis' thing was completed.

To be brutally honest, it was quite enjoyable - nearly an hour, including 10 minutes of an 'injury time-out' flew by, and I think I might be hooked - but have no idea who the Johnson and Anderson guys were, or how good they are in the global scheme of tennis stuff?
Are they good? Are they bad? Is this Vienna (Aww, Vienna!) tournament one of the biggies? Do the girls get to play as well?:embarrassed:

Anyway; I'm now missing the bore-fest in OOOO-S-A to write this, and frankly couldn't give a ****!
Must get several more of these :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:to keep me awake now

Last edited:
whoa that's intense rain, reminds me of that rain malaysia 09? when they were better off
usa 1.png
usa 2.png
usa 4.jpg

& also this is my favourite man, just oblivious to the massive sign behind him
usa.jpg
with boats than cars

Back
Top Bottom