Pre-GP Quiz 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

Jos the Boss

Champion Elect
Bit late but I hope that this provides a lot of zeros, or below...
You cannot lose points in this quiz though so miscounting is the only way that could be possible! Anyway, without further ado, here we go...

1. All but one Grands Prix in Bahrain have been held in April, name the winner(s) of the races that weren't.

Of course, Fernando Alonso in 2006 and 2010

2. Who has won this race from the lowest qualifying position?

Fernando Alonso in 2006, from fourth

3. The Brazilian GP in 1992 was held on the same day as qualifying, but it saw the last appearance of a female driver, who was she?

Giovanna Amati

4. 2013 was the 200th race for which driver?

Mark Webber

5. Of all the lap leaders of the Bahrain Grand Prix since 2004, only six of them aren't in F1, for 1/6 of a point each, name them.

Rubens Barrichello, Jarno Trulli, Juan Pablo Montoya, Robert Kubica, Nick Heidfeld and Paul di Resta

6. Ahead of the 1992 Brazilian Grand Prix, who was banned for competing as he didn't have a superlicence?

Perry McCarthy

7. The title sponsor of the Bahrain Grand Prix is Gulf Air which was founded on March 24th, 1950, but what feat was achieved 41 years later for the first time since 1986?

A Brazilian won his home race, in the shape of Ayrton Senna

8. Who is missing from this list- Neel Jani, Markus Winkelhock, Robert Kubica, Robert Doornbos, Alexander Wurz, ___________?

Anthony Davidson

9. Who led the World Championship after the 2012 race?

Sebastian Vettel

10. Jenson Button celebrates his 250th race at Bahrain, but how many positions did he gain here in 2013?

Zero, he started and finished 10th

Go crazy with fun!

5 and a third?
(but I interpreted Q5 as since and including, so I had Schumi and Barrichello on my list - so 5 and a half?)

Last edited:
I meant to do that but I was falling asleep!
was of course 3rd drivers in 2006, Toro Rosso- Neel Jani, Midlands- Markus Winkelhock, BMW Sauber- Robert Kubica, Red Bull Ferrari- Robert Doornbos, Williams- Alex Wurz and the answer, Anthony Davidson- Honda

Back
Top Bottom