Pre-Season 2012 New Car Images & Discussion

I called it on the Marussia not having a stepped nose. That HRT looks different doesn't it. It could become one of those Marmite color schemes. Maybe even a contender for some peoples worst liveries.

That front wing...:rolleyes: You think that they'd realise not to use the same design as the Brawn used at the opening race of 2009 and they have chosen to not use cascades when every other team on the grid has them. I'm calling it, this season Marussia will best HRT by a considerable margin, both in results and speed wise.

The whole front end looks as if it has been drawn with a ruler. Just look at the front wing elements, not to mention the nose.

...mind you, HRT are looking for seconds and not 100ths so perhaps fine detailing is not where they want to spend thier efforts.

That front wing...:rolleyes: You think that they'd realise not to use the same design as the Brawn used at the opening race of 2009 and they have chosen to not use cascades when every other team on the grid has them. I'm calling it, this season Marussia will best HRT by a considerable margin, both in results and speed wise.

Not sure how you can say that just yet when Marussia haven't even passed their crash test yet! For all we know the Marussia car could have to undergo a radical design change! It looks like its been designed to go over speedbumps as it is!

I was referring to the HRT.

Yes - you were saying that Marussia would be well infront of the HRT and I was saying the Marussia hasn't passed its crash test and that your having a go at HRT's design when for all you know Marussia's could end up worse - and as I said their current design has a wing so high it looks like its trying to be road worthy to get over speed bumps. So not sure how you can call it that Marussia will best HRT by a considerable manner. Not really sure what you're basing that call on.

Yes - you were saying that Marussia would be well infront of the HRT and I was saying the Marussia hasn't passed its crash test and that your having a go at HRT's design when for all you know Marussia's could end up worse - and as I said their current design has a wing so high it looks like its trying to be road worthy to get over speed bumps. So not sure how you can call it that Marussia will best HRT by a considerable manner. Not really sure what you're basing that call on.

A fair point you make about Marussia failing the crash test, although I think Pat Symonds said they had now passed a private test so it's likely that they'll be racing in Melbourne. As for the design of the MR01 it still looks much more developed than the F112, to me at least that much is plain to see, especially seeing as they'll have access to some of McLaren's equipment while HRT may be lucky to introduce one update during the whole season.

HRT may be lucky to introduce one update during the whole season.

What makes you say that? Lets not forget the HRT ended last season a full 3.5 seconds quicker than they started it with less funds than they have now so they def know about development.

What makes you say that? Lets not forget the HRT ended last season a full 3.5 seconds quicker than they started it with less funds than they have now so they def know about development.

Because I believe they didn't update the car at all in 2010 except for the wing mirrors which was a rule change and only had one update in 2011. Part of the reason they gain so much speed is because they don't test the car, except this year Marussia are in the same boat.

EDIT Marussia have now passed the final FIA crash test as well.

I think you under estimate HRT's development skills and making a car faster isn't all about updates. I agree that Marussia with its Mclaren backing certainly should be ahead of them - but you could have said that about the last 2 season as well - so we'll see!

Because I believe they didn't update the car at all in 2010 except for the wing mirrors which was a rule change and only had one update in 2011. Part of the reason they gain so much speed is because they don't test the car, except this year Marussia are in the same boat.

EDIT Marussia have now passed the final FIA crash test as well.

They had at least 2 updates in 2011 - one in Singapore and one in Spain. Which still isn't much, but then again they also have the smallest budget.

Back
Top Bottom