Grand Prix 2012 Korean Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

The 2012 season is down to the final quarter with just five races remaining.

McLaren seem to have run out of steam and barring an incredible run of results, coupled with some misfortune for the other front runners, it looks like they won't be taking any silverware home with them this year. Again.

Alonso has enjoyed an incredible stint at the front for the previous eight races since the European GP.
What's more incredible is that includes two non-scoring races, thanks mainly to his rivals messing up, all too frequently.

That looks to be coming to an end though as Red Bull seem to have rediscovered their form from last year and barring mistakes, Vettel should pass him at Korea to take the lead in the WDC.
In fact, it's hard to see past Vettel and Red Bull for both championships now, which would make it three in a row for both.

Which means it's all about the runner up places now.
Second place could go to any one of five different drivers: Alonso, Raikkonen, Hamilton, Webber, and Button.

A decent result for Massa finally saw him break clear of the bottom group of points scorers; jumping PĂ©rez into ninth place, who ironically managed to take himself out trying to overtake the driver he's replacing at McLaren next year.
As Brundle would say, "he ran out of talent".

Can Kobayashi repeat his podium and improve his prospects for next year?

Can Grosjean get past the first corner without hitting anyone?

All these questions and more will be answered in a little under six days.

Last year's podium consisted of Vettel, Hamilton and Webber and it wouldn't be too much of a surprise to see that repeated this year.

Circuit details and stat's here: http://cliptheapex.com/pages/korean-international-circuit/

For those saying Massa could have had a run at Webber, I wonder what the point of this would be. Ferrari are not going to win the Constructors title, so the only way Massa being released could have been advantageous would be if he could beat Vettel. And does anyone think that could have happened?

teabagyokel I think it's only me saying that. ;)
And while even I don't necessarily think it could have happened, Massa's pace behind Alonso indicated that he could have at least had a shot at catching him, and that it would have been worth trying rather than just accepting the status quo. History shows that if you can put someone under pressure, you never know what might unfold. Remember what happened to Vettel in Canada 2011.

CTA.png

OK, so I went to the Mecca in Leeds. I didn't touch up anyone, male or female. In fact I was the only male in the place not touching up the girls, it didn't have a very good reputation.

I did not "fix it" for anyone.

OK, so I went to the Mecca in Leeds. I didn't touch up anyone, male or female. In fact I was the only male in the place not touching up the girls, it didn't have a very good reputation.

I did not "fix it" for anyone.

Showing your age there Bill! I've heard of it before but not sure exactly where in Leeds it was so did a quick google. Leeds nightclubs haven't really improved though in the last 50 years!

I was going to post that same link, the dance halls then were the nightclubs of the day.

I thought it was only shops down those arcades but looks like I need to get back on my Leeds history.

Back
Top Bottom