Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jerome d’Ambrosio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Speshal

World Champion
Valued Member
After a stunning race that will generate many opinions it's time again to nominate your driver of the weekend.

Went for Alonso, really good to put the Ferrari on the podium, promotional filming or not. Kept his consistancy in qualifying and then drove a controlled race, also bouncing back after Massa humbled him somewhat in China.

Vettel did drive very well, particularly yesterday, but I almost find it hard to vote for someone who isnt challenged. The only car capable of getting near him today seemed to be Webber's and he just hasn't been on form this year. How do we know if Vettel was pushing or not? And if he wasn't how can he be DoTW except for purely on qualy performance? I can understand people voting for him and he has been very assured but it is the uncertainty that makes me vote for someone else.

A toss up between Alonso and Kamui - went with Kamui in the end, as I expect Fernando to do what he does.

Like Jru, I couldn't vote for Seb - a run away success (how much is down to the car?) and no challenges.

Top 4 all could get my vote, but Vettel's crash in FP1, and Hammy being a bit eager and almost taking out the lollipop man puts them out of the running. As Vettel was able to get much more out of the car than Webber I will go for Alonso. Very close though.

Seeing as it's the driver of the weekend then it has to be Vettel, as much as I hate saying that. He made a mistake in FP1 and paid the price in FP2, yet he was still able to completely and utterly dominate his teammate. Another impressive performance.

However on race day I thought the best drives came from Fernando Alonso, Sebastien Buemi and Kamui Kobayashi.

Got to ditto what Jru said. Alonso ran a superior car very close but just didn't have the performance underneath him. Vettel was again very impressive though.

I've gone for Fernando as I was getting fed up with voting for Seb all the time. He did a pretty amazing job in a car which isn't the 2nd best on the track but his skill put it into that position. Vettel was awesome all weekend though (apart from his indiscretion on Friday)

Back
Top Bottom