Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jerome d'Ambrosio

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
An exciting race, Red Bull knocked off the top perch but who impressed you most?

Hamilton saved a set of tyres and compromised his qualifying but was still 3rd. He had problems in the pit lane just before the start and only just made the grid but came good in the race chopping past people without the help of DRS, and we had an overtake for P1. Button jumped into the lead with a stunning start but ended 4th, losing out on a podium in the final laps.

Vettel, phenomenal in qualifying and a mature approach on an odd strategy from Red Bull. Webber messed up qualifying but ran through from 18th to 3rd. Rosberg led quite a few laps and eventually came home 5th. Schumie showed some of his old guile and aggression to come from 14th to 8th.

Anyone impressed with the Ferrari boys? You might have seen something further down the field that impressed you.

Only one driver as far as I'm concerned this week.

Granted, Webber had an epic race but to not make it past Q1 in a Red Bull rules him out immediately.

It has to be the guy that overtook everyone from P5 to gain the lead and take the win, despite being brought in second on tyres which were rapidly failing, which ended up with him losing several places before his first stop.

Have to agree, for all the skill of his race, Webber caused himself to have to do that. Stunning nonetheless but Hamilton pips it for being simply devastating in that final stint.

It's the 1st time a race winner this season has had to do more than just keep the car on the track. Fantastic racing throughout, even though he compromised himself slightly with a flat spot. Webber did well but as Brogan says this award is measured over a drivers performance for the whole weekend.

Well done Hamilton you deserve the award this week!

It could have been almost anyone.

Honourable mentions to Webber, Rosberg, Massa and Kovalainen.

But Lewis Hamilton, take a bow! Brilliant!

*puts on tinhat* I'm still going to go for Webber, prime tyres should be enough to get through Q1 so it is hard to point the blame at that. He drove brilliantly today after an average start and a podium was just rewards for his efforts.

Gone for Lewis, as brilliant as Mark's drive was he should never have been starting from 18th in that car and the question is "of the weekend"

Lewis. That is all.

Well apart from Brundle saying that he's going to make his son who qualified 3rd today, watch that race and study Hamilton - calling it a masterclass!

And that he was amazing

Awesome

Just Brilliant.

That is all.

What a driver!!!!!

Hamilton just gets it from Webber.

But Massa was also brilliant in my mind - he was on the wrong strategy, but he destroyed Alonso and was only a second behind Vettel half way through the race. When Alonso was falling back, Massa, on a set of tyres that were 1 lap older, was lapping several seconds quicker than him.

Fast in practice, while evaluating lots of new stuff that was thrown at him, and his team mate - so good marks for both.

Both qualified well but one (not Button) made the strategy work to an absolute T...... has to be Hamilton, and I freely admit I am a long way from being a fan!

I have to go with Webber. His race was fantastic, easily the best of the day. To go from 18th to 3rd means you have to pass a LOT of people on the track, not via pit stop strategy. As for his quaifying problem; given his standing within the team, who knows if we have heard the REAL reason. No such doubts with Hamilton!

Lewis had an excellent race, but had numerous advantages that Webber did not.

*puts on tinhat* I'm still going to go for Webber, prime tyres should be enough to get through Q1 so it is hard to point the blame at that. He drove brilliantly today after an average start and a podium was just rewards for his efforts.
Ah, but that's the point; Mark should have been able to get through to Q2 on primes, but didn't. In so doing he compromised his race, which is why I couldn't vote for him as Driver of the Weekend.

If this was about driver of the race then I would've voted Webber. But for the whole weekend I voted Rosberg. He was able to fight with the leading cars and really took everything out of his machinery.

Of course Hamilton was good too, but I'm a biased Rosberg fan. ;)

I want to vote for Lewis and Mark. I'm going to have to wait until I have unravelled the lap times, tyres strategies, reviewed the overtaking data and watched KeketheKing's OT video. :D

Webber's performance through the field was stunning, particularly as he made no headway for the first 20 laps! But he should not have been down there in the first place and maybe cost himself a victory.

Rosberg was top quality all weekend and seems to be getting better and better. I hope he can get a race winning car soon.

Massa dominating Alonso throughout the weekend and he looks confident again.

Di Resta taking his more experienced and highly rated teammate to the cleaners again.

Also Kovalainen for managing to beat a Williams to the line on merit!

Yet the vote is for the man who just made it to the grid with 10 seconds to spare, had his strategy compromised by his teammate pitting a lap late and overtook 4 cars (including 2 that did not have worn tyres!) to storm to victory! Saw how much that victory meant post race after the stress of perhaps not starting the race. Hamilton - I salute you :ok:

Someone voted Jaime Alguersuari?
Oh well, takes all sorts I guess.

Edit: Troll vote removed, along with their CotW vote.

Back
Top Bottom