Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jerome d'Ambrosio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Doubt anyone will vote for Vettel this weekend so which of the 2011 "also rans" impressed you most?

Based on recent history and events and for the way he performed in practice and qualifying, and managed the race from (almost) start to finish without putting a wheel wrong, I've voted for Hamilton.

Honourable mention to Alonso who also performed without error for most of the weekend (apart from his off in practice).

A few deserving candidates. Daniel Ricciardo was very impressive, completely dominating Liuzzi in qualifying and the race.

Nico Rosberg was a whisker from outqualifying a Ferrari, and finished miles ahead of Schumacher.

Hamilton drove a faultless race, but I can't quite give him it due to his Q3 lap, so for me it has to be Alonso.

Do we even know that Hamilton made a mistake in Q3? Perhaps the track conditions changed which made the laptime slower, making his previous lap unattainable and he still beat Button.

I would like to count that crash against Alonso but it was in practice and this thread of Driver of the Weekend, Friday is a week day :whistle: Alonso did great to get 2nd place.

I can't vote for Rosberg even though he nearly scalped Massa, as even he said there was more left in the car.

Hamilton's result speaks for itself, while Alonso did well to get close to Hamilton it was clear that Hamilton was only pressured before the first stop, after that it looked all very comfortable.

To sum up, Hamilton by the skin of his teeth.

I think there are fewer drivers who could drag that Ferrari into second place than could win in that McLaren (with Vettel inspecting the timing screens too).

So for that reason, Alonso.

Offs in practice have regularly been seen as reasons to mark a driver down, however, surely it is the effect of that off on the race that matters? If the driver crashes on Saturday morning, and as a result is not able to qualify, that is a poor show, but to have an off on Friday, then to go one to get a good result is surely not a serious issue?

I have voted for Lewis, as I feel that he has been on it all weekend, since first practice, and despite not getting pole, I think he managed the race superbly.

Alonso was also strong, and the result was far above my expectations, and indeed above where I think the car should have been, especially from 5th on the grid.

Jenson was ok, and managed to fight Webber and Massa off, despite having no KERS for a large chunk of the race, I get the feeling that by the time it was all working he was too far off to mount a challenge. I was tempted to vote for Jenson, but it would seem that you are only allowed to place ironic votes for Lewis :snigger:.

But Lewis deserved and fully earnt the win today.

Lewis - a mistake free, and well controlled race!

Fernando - at his pain in the :censored: best!

As - no-F1-please said, " Hamilton by the skin of his teeth".

Hamilton - However special mention to the wee Spaniard Alonso for keeping him honest all race.

Hamilton did very well this weekend was in the top 3 of every practice and qualifying session and even if Vettel had been in the race still i do think he'd have had too much on him aswell. Hamilton bar Q3 had the perfect weekend :).

Back
Top Bottom