• Pedro de la Rosa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bruno Senna

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
You know how it works, who did the most stoopid thing throughout the weekend. Unfortunately I can't include Eddie Jordan although his choice of shirts would probably make him a winner every race weekend.

Alguersuari has to be a contender for chopping Karun Chandhok's car in 2 when attempting to pass.

And possibly Bruno Senna for taking himself out on the first lap.

I would however like to award it to Hamilton's wheel rim for spoiling the end of the race and stopping what would have made the WDC standings even closer.

While there were one or two displays of individual chumpery at various times throughout the weekend, taking the weekend as a whole I've gone for Massa.

He seemed out of sorts for the bulk of the weekend and posted times that were on average .5 of a second slower than his team mate.

Shooting into the back of the HRT and then lapping faster with a broken front wing was just the cherry on the cake. Could his mechanic have sounded more sarcastic on the radio if he'd have tried?

So Massa rates as my Chump of the Weekend.

Bruno Senna for me, I'm afraid. He was beat by the team's 2nd test driver on Friday, Chandhok in all other sessions and dived into places he shouldn't have in the 4th corner and stupidly retired. Showed why HRT are at the back, really.

Honourable mention to the disappointing Rosberg.

I think i'm going to give this to Rosberg who seemed at odds with the car all weekend, having gone the wrong way with setup initially it was compounded in the race by going backwards through the field although that bungled pitstop surely contributed to that demise.

For me it has to be Button, despite his dash/display issues.

I know he had a slow pit stop, but he should have never let Schumacher get by him into turn 1. His race was completely compromised from this point on as he couldn't find a way around him for the rest of the GP.

But it wasn't just the fact that he was stuck behind Michael, it was the utter lack of creativity in trying to find a way past. Jenson had at least 3 excellent opportunities to run one up the inside on him into turn 1, but again and again he opted to try the outside, where Michael easily held him off.

The onboard feed was with Schumacher when he got by Button, and then it switched to Button for at least 15-20 laps, giving us a great view of the Mercedes from behind.

If Button hadn't been stuck behind Schumacher, I believe he would have grabbed the third podium spot from Vettel. He only finished 12 seconds behind him, and I reckon the Mercedes held up Button's McLaren for much more time than that. Jenson should have been right there to pounce on Seb with his extra pit stop and brake issues.

I've posted the Schumacher - Button scrap here.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd96w0_spa1001

I've gone for Jaime watisface for ruining Chandhok's race, I simply can't work out how he did what he did apart from being a noob! Shame really as apart from that moment he had a good race.

I feel the only chumpery candidate, IMHO, is Alguersuari, for chopping off the front of Chandhok's car. :no:

Any driver that hasn't quite worked out the length of the car they drive, probably needs a few more driving lessons.

Back
Top Bottom