Poll 2010 Korean GP Rotten Fish Award - POLL UP

Korean Grand Prix Rotten Fish Award

• Total voters

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Just like the Champagne Moment this is to compliment the Chump of the Weekend Award. So was there a moment in Korea of blind stupidity which deserves the CTA Rotten Fish award? Again anyone is open to be nominated not just the drivers so go nuts and think who did the daftest single, individual thing.

My first nomination is for Charlie Whiting for making us endure 16 laps behind the safety car when 5 would have sufficed.

Poll up when you stop giving suggestions or after about a week (we can't keep going for ever now can we? No we can't. Thank you)

Re: Korean Grand Prix Rotten Fish Award

This is easier to decide than the Champagne moment.

The clear winner for me is the BBC whose decision to switch over to BBC2 for the final hour of the race. I can understand that schedules had to be altered due to the delayed start but they should of updated iplayer as well. I don't think I was the only one searching frantically for the second half of the broadcast whilst trying to avoid the actual result.

Shame on you BBC!

Re: 2010 Korean GP Rotten Fish Award

I think the Rotten Fish goes to Mark Webber, despite rather smelly Red Herrings from Messers Buemi and Sutil. It was a breathtaking moment of ineptitude from a Title contender.

Bernie Ecclestone for holding another race in a country with no interest in F1, unsuitable climate, a track which wasn't even finished and all because they were willing to pay more than other countries.
The climate alone resulted in the race starting behind the safety car, thereby removing a large part of the excitement.

Mark Webber for running wide onto wet astro-turf, and trying to cure with some throttle. Hamilton and button could have got it for telling the world it was fine and trying to get an advantage , when everyone else knew it was unsafe.

Mine is related to Webber's crash but it's to do with Rosberg being taken out.

Having changed to a wet setup on the grid, who knows what might have happened later in the race.
A podium or even a win could have been on the cards.

Re: Korean Grand Prix Rotten Fish Award

F1Yorkshire said:
This is easier to decide than the Champagne moment.

The clear winner for me is the BBC whose decision to switch over to BBC2 for the final hour of the race. I can understand that schedules had to be altered due to the delayed start but they should of updated iplayer as well. I don't think I was the only one searching frantically for the second half of the broadcast whilst trying to avoid the actual result.

Shame on you BBC!
Gets my vote, BBC Muppets.. >:(

Unfortunately iPlayer didn't have the program on until after the repeat in the afternoon

Brogan said:
Bernie Ecclestone for holding another race in a country with no interest in F1, unsuitable climate

Think you're being more than a little harsh there, Bro. The ticket sales were miles better than China, Turkey or Malaysia. And the Korean climate ain't so different to plenty of other places in the world...

Brogan said:
a track which wasn't even finished and all because they were willing to pay more than other countries.

...OK, fair enough!

Brogan said:
The climate alone resulted in the race starting behind the safety car, thereby removing a large part of the excitement.

Blame for the lengthy SC start should lie with Whiting. Half the future British GPs and ALL the Belgian ones will start behind the SC if that's the new precedent.

OK fair point, Charlie Whiting gets my 3rd nomination then :D

Seriously though, I expect Charlie would have liked to have waited a bit longer and have a normal start but I suspect he was under extreme pressure to get the race started at that time to ensure it could finish before it got too dark.

Charlie Whiting did another outstanding job, yet again revealing supreme control and facets of his unparalleled knowledge, experience and intellect, not.

The way he had that guy go out and check that it had stopped raining and the way he didn't get anyone to go out and check that there was any daylight were works of shear brilliance!

I have two nominations:

1. (The powers that) BE for yet again timing a race too late in the day, so that any weather delays were almost bound to mean the race would end in darkness. All so that us European viewers don't have to get up so early in the morning. As if he's ever asked us if we mind! >:(

2. For getting so many things wrong, one of which was being confused for an entire lap about whether Rosberg had overtaken Hamilton or Button (whom he had started ahead of), the one and only Jonathan Legard. :givemestrength:

Chad Stewarthill said:
2. For getting so many things wrong, one of which was being confused for an entire lap about whether Rosberg had overtaken Hamilton or Button (whom he had started ahead of), the one and only Jonathan Legard

I was wondering about him saying "I couldn't see the helmet" right as well. You don't need to see the helmet, although I've never seen a yellow look blue, you need to either look at the red/yellow camera bar or [better] know where everyone is, especially if its not a (conventional) first lap.

Ah well, I'm sure if 'twas I in the box then I'd make mistakes - its all too easy when you've not got a significant proportion of the English speaking world watching you!

I'll throw Hamilton in the mix by potentially coughing up a race win on the final restart.

But it was nearly Yamamoto who took the Chump of the Race, Stinkiest Fish, and Overall GP Villain by nearly taking Hamilton out in the closing laps.

Amazing how Lewis seemed completely unfazed when coming upon Sakon's HRT crossing the circuit. He just got off the throttle slightly and went on his merry way.

Another superb spot Keke, I completely missed that during the broadcast.
That would have been very cruel indeed to be taken out like that.

I just saw it for the first time myself. They never showed a replay during the broadcast, and the only time we saw Yamamoto off track was for that brief second when Alonso flashed past. Needless to say, I was quite surprised to see this when going through the Onboard Footage this morning.

I wish I could get Hamilton's full onboard from every race, there always seems to be something going on around him.

Phwoof! As my favourite commentator might say.

Maybe that's a sign that Lewis's luck has finally turned (hopefully, not too late )

Phhht........ Could've got a bus through there (albeit a VERY small one :D )

Amazing how he just nonchelantly goes to the left.

Back
Top Bottom