• Bruno Senna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lucas di Grassi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
Not an easy choice this week as there weren't too many errors.

As always though, feel free to vote for whomever you wish.

Not much chumpery this weekend. Button for not making it into Q3? Massa for not helping Alonso out again (although that 2nd stop was clearly not his fault he didn't look on the pace at all)? Hamilton for gifting Fernando another place so soon after Korea and complaining of issues through the entire race?

My vote goes to Liuzzi who didn't look fast at all and made a completely unforced error on a bone dry track. Looks like we may see the last of him in Abu Dhabi.

Heidfeld, nice guy but frankly he has too much experience to end up getting slapped with failing to recognise a blue flag, rookie error and he should know better.

However, if it were an option I would say the Red Bull team as a whole as despite a good result, they should have had the cohones to put all their eggs in Webbers basket.

Di Grassi got sent back out? Maybe him.
I'd be tempted to say Hamilton for sounding like Button all race, but that is probably just disappointment speaking - he didnt do too much wrong bar going wide once. (off topic for a moment but quite a few times this season he seems to have out accelerated someone off of the start line only for them to re-pass him - why does that happen? I assume he isnt braking early...?)

Kobayashi did seem a touch timid -a response to being called reckless? I think I would prefer him to stay bold in his driving style.

Also maybe Liuzzi for qualifying and then the crash ... there really wasnt too much chumpery this weekend though.

BlackCountryBob said:
However, if it were an option I would say the Red Bull team as a whole as despite a good result, they should have had the cohones to put all their eggs in Webbers basket.

I'd have to go with this, they must be ecstatic about being WCC but will look foolish if they lose out on the WDC as well.

Speshal said:
BlackCountryBob said:

I'd have to go with this, they must be ecstatic about being WCC but will look foolish if they lose out on the WDC as well.

Me too - I was wondering if I was the only one shouting at the TV when they didn't pull Webber in on the same lap as Alonso just to make sure they had cover. Seemed to me the only reason was that this standard strategy would give their number 2 driver the faster tyre whan he was less than 2 seconds behind their leading/trailing driver........

Plenty of team errors, but not too much driver chumpery. I think Liuzzi is the only stand out this weekend.

McLarenSupremo said:
Kobyashi, just seemed out of it today

Jru said:
Kobayashi did seem a touch timid -a response to being called reckless? I think I would prefer him to stay bold in his driving style.

I just wonder if he was a little timid due to this. If your confidence is knocked even slightly when it comes to passing/defending you will fall apart.

BlackCountryBob said:
However, if it were an option I would say the Red Bull team as a whole

...take it to the Rotten Fish thread, you can...

..I've stuck with Liuzzi, but i think there is another option of Buemi i *think* that was pulling some decidedly dodgy blocks and maneuvers on lead cars lapping him. I know its difficult to manage your own race and keep an eye on the blue flags, but still....

Jru said:

Defending his position too hard would've completely ruined his race. He would've lost bags of time exactly when he didn't need to.

He drove a very mature race. A touch timid? Did you see his pass on Buemi?

I've gone with Massa for playing bumper cars all afternoon, how he was still in the race at the end is beyond me, but those Ferraris really do have strong suspension..

Hamilton for me for throwing away more places and constant moaning over the radio about the tyres. He's been using those tyres for a full season now so surely he will know now how much and how fast they can degrade.

F1Yorkshire said:
Hamilton for me for throwing away more places and constant moaning over the radio about the tyres. He's been using those tyres for a full season now so surely he will know now how much and how fast they can degrade.
Started 4th, finished 4th, where did he throw away them places?!?

I think there is something fundamentally wrong with the McLaren on low grip surfaces as it does seem to eat its tyres far more than any of the other title contenders..

Back
Top Bottom