YOUR favourite formula one race

As I remember towards the end of the first stint Raikkonen and Alonso were catching Hamilton at a reasonable rate of knots. Then at the pit stops for some reason the Ferrari and Renault teams thought that the sun was about to shine, leaving them both on the wrong tyres. Then they lost about fifty seconds instead of losing twenty seconds changing to the correct tyres.

This left Hamilton with Heidfeld and Barrichello as his main threats, easy meat to a driver of his quality.

Top 10 for me (as a Lewis fan):

1. Canada 2011
2. Canada 2010
3. Brazil 2008
4. Australia 2010
5. China 2010
6. Canada 2007
7. Brazil 2009
8. Germany 2011
9. Italy 2008
10. Japan 2007

You mean rather than belting someone? ;)

When Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso find themselves down the pecking order or in sub-competitive machinery, you'll often find them "belting" their competitors too. Those with a fighting mentality often try to punch thier way out when thier backs are against the wall and they are on the back foot. ;)

I loved Monaco '82 because it was just nuts. I couldn't believe my eyes. I think that was the race that got me really hooked on F1.

Lewis in Brazil 2008 was just fabulous too. I got married the week before and left full-time employment around the same time. Good times!

In no particular order (ok maybe chronological order);

Monaco '92 : The race that made me fall in love with F1, and introduced me to a certain Mr Senna.
Donington '93 : A Senna masterclass.
Monaco '97 : Barichello's 2nd place for Stewart, I remember watching on the edge of my seat praying that the Ford motor wouldn't explode.
Nurburgring '99 : crazy race, Herbert winning in the Stewart-Ford.
Nurburgring '05 : Kimi flat-spotting his tyre and trying desperately to get to the end, only for it to explode causing him to spin nearly taking out Button.
Silverstone '08 : Hamilton masterclass.
Spa '08 (final 3 laps) : one word- mental. Hamilton and Kimi nearly hitting Rosberg in the Williams, Kimi hitting the wall, people pitting for Inters with 1 lap to go.
Brazil '08 : Last lap, seeing Ferrari celebrate when they were the only ones who didn't know they hadn't won.

I've liked races since, but none that could be considered favourites.

In no particular order (ok maybe chronological order);

Monaco '92 : The race that made me fall in love with F1, and introduced me to a certain Mr Senna.
Donington '93 : A Senna masterclass.
Monaco '97 : Barichello's 2nd place for Stewart, I remember watching on the edge of my seat praying that the Ford motor wouldn't explode.
Nurburgring '99 : crazy race, Herbert winning in the Stewart-Ford.
Nurburgring '05 : Kimi flat-spotting his tyre and trying desperately to get to the end, only for it to explode causing him to spin nearly taking out Button.
Silverstone '08 : Hamilton masterclass.
Spa '08 (final 3 laps) : one word- mental. Hamilton and Kimi nearly hitting Rosberg in the Williams, Kimi hitting the wall, people pitting for Inters with 1 lap to go.
Brazil '08 : Last lap, seeing Ferrari celebrate when they were the only ones who didn't know they hadn't won.

I've liked races since, but none that could be considered favourites.

Christ on a bike. Speccy Steve? Where is Marco Ardigo now?

2007 Monaco GP is up their for me too:

The Mclarens of Alonso and Hamilton lapped everyone in the field bar the thrid placed man (believe it was Massa).

Also Suzska 2005 was class too :).

For some odd reason, not many races come to mind, when I get asked this question races just seem to disappear from my memory.

The main ones I would say:

Brazil 2007 - Just probably one of the best comebacks and championships for me, unpredictable winner, and finally Raikkonen won the WDC! Great for a Kimi fan to witness after all his poor luck at McLaren.

Brazil 2008 - The race was just hectic, perfect race from Massa who got a lot of unfair crticism that season, it is a shame he lost the way he did, but goddamn Sebastian Vettel for giving us all Massa fans hope that he would win when it looked like Hamilton had it in the bag! >:(

Belgium 2008 - Raikkonen storming away after qualifying in 4th, controlled the race, got a slow puncture, Hamilton reeled him in 0.5-1s per lap, then the final few laps, this race along with Brazil 2008, I was shouting and cheering like a madman! And then Bourdais having his best race going from 3rd to I think 7th in a few laps, and Alonso and Heidfeld coming through the field after pitting finishing 3rd and 4th

Germany 2007 - Was cars going off everywhere, Winklehock leading in a backmarker car on his debut! Raikkonen missing the pits as his bad luck at Germany continued made a comeback through the field. Then Alonso and Massa at the front, Massa placing his car perfectly but Alonso gets past somehow and banging wheels, then after the race Alonso whining even though he won! ROFL

Belgium 2010 - Just because I was there!

Suzuka 2005 - One of the greatest races, 3 supreme drivers coming through the field, Alonso, Raikkonen and Schumacher. Alonso passing Schumacher around 130R. Raikkonen catching Fisichella and passing him on the last lap in spectacular fashion and winning the race!

Silverstone 2003
Why? Because I was there. It was edge of your seat the whole way through. And JPM(my driver of the time):)came second. A win would have been better, but he beat the ones that mattered.

Back
Top Bottom