Poll Who is better: Fernando, Lewis, or Sebastian?

Who is better?

• Total voters
Title differences aside, I don't think there's much to choose between the three drivers, I chose Alonso in 2011 and I probably still stick with that now, how would Alonso or Hamilton do in a Red Bull? We'll probably never know and we certainly won't know how well they woulda done in the current Red Bull cars

They are the Big Three of F1, and I'm amazed how few times they have been on the podium together. If you aksed me, in terms of outright speed (ie. the best on a quali lap) I'd say Hamilton, but Alonso is the most complete, consistent driver who will never give up

I'm amazed how few times they have been on the podium together.

This has been the biggest problem with F1 in the 2009 regulations era and why it is still difficult to figure out where Vettel fits in compared to Alonso and Hamilton in my opinion. Even though there have been some close championships in terms of points we've rarely seen on track battles between Vettel and the other two, and neither has a high pressure rivalry developed.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think Vettel's more complete package out of the four these days, (I added in Raikkonen, how can you not?).

People tend to say Hamilton's the fastest driver out there, Vettel's just up there aswell in my opinion, then come the race, he's not that bad compared to Alonso now is he? He's also seem to have reduced the myth of 'can't overtake' the past few years,

Alonso, not the best in qualifying, possibly the best in the race along with Raikkonen, has the consistency.

Hamilton, qualifying he's one of the best, race distance wise, he's not bad either, but I feel the other three have a slight margin over him, probably the boldest out of the four.

Raikkonen, like Alonso, not great in qualifying, I would possibly go along and say he's one of the best overtakers since his comeback, and has been very consistent.

They are all very evenly matched with having different attributes, two of them have past their primes, ones in his prime, and the other is yet to get there.

At least you didn't say 'The Fab Four' like they used to in tennis for Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Murray!

Last edited:
Can I put it this way.

They all have their merits and they all have their weaknesses, they are different types of drivers just as they are different types of people on certain a day one of them will win and the other two won't just as on certain days none of them will win and another driver will take the laurels..

Do you want me to draw you a picture?

I disagree. I think they are all superb at overtaking, defending and driving the shit out of any car seemingly beyond its limits almost most of the time. They also have in common hot headed reactions.

I'm talking the top four with Vettel the newest member.

FA & SV both have had clear Number one status in their teams, giving them an advantage.
LH has not.......
I have voted LH because I believe in the same car, with the same strategy/deviousness he would be the best, because he is the fastest.
If LH had punctured Seb's car in Japan....putting him out of the race, Horner would still be whinging....

Back
Top Bottom