Time for Red Bull & McLaren to decide

Muddytalker said:
KekeTheKing said:
Chad Stewarthill said:
I wonder if Kimi Raikkonen thought he was 'Out of it' in 2007, with two races to go and 17 points behind (with 10 points for a win)?

But Kimi only had to jump 2 drivers. Jenson has to leapfrog 4 drivers that have been consistently faster than him all year.

One of which is his own teammate, which is the key thing to remember.

If Hamilton wins both of the final races he can win the championship as long as:

Vettel finishes in front of Webber
Alonso fails to score more than 19 points in both races

He's in with as much chance as Kimi in 2007.

F1Yorkshire said:
He's in with as much chance as Kimi in 2007.
The McLaren is the 3rd best car on the grid by some margin, the Ferrari was arguably 2nd best, if not equal first.

F1Yorkshire said:

How is Alonso looking on the engine front? If memory serves, he has no fresh units available and they had problems during race two and three. I think only Webber still has one unused engine available to him now.

fat_jez said:
F1Yorkshire said:

How is Alonso looking on the engine front? If memory serves, he has no fresh units available and they had problems during race two and three. I think only Webber still has one unused engine available to him now.

Webber took his final fresh engine in Korea. Everyone else is already using their 8th engine. Alonso took his 8th engine in Monza. He had a fresh engine in Spa as well so it is likely that he has been using both of those for the last few races.

Edit

The engine Alonso took in Germany was used for Hungary before being replaced at Belgium so its quite possible that it will have enough mileage left on it to be used for one of these final races. Since Germany he will of used each engine for 3 races.

Blimey, I didn't realise Alonso had done 4 races on engine 8! So he's likely to use engine 7, as it has the lowest mileage on it. Webber will probably stick with 8, assuming it's not in pieces after his shunt.

Back
Top Bottom