The Tour de France

It's normally a gentle start and they wait to get a couple of miles under their belts before starting racing.

Where's Quarry Hill Flats gone?????

You'd be better off joining me on the Buttertubs if you really want to see some action, or alternatively just before Oughtibridge on day 2.

I still say that they should be turning left at Buckden instead of right.

I've been looking for the actual start time but can't find it on the website, I'm planning on trying to watch qualifying as well but will depend on the timing so will be staying in the city centre so can just pop out to see them go by.

Looking at the schedule the racing itself doesn't start until they get to the outskirts of Leeds. There is no way you can get from the centre of Leeds to Arthington in 3 minutes unless you're flying in something supersonic.

11:10 must be the actual Grand Depart time and 50 minutes is a reasonable time for everyone to get to the north of Leeds before the start of the racing.

tour.JPG

The qualifying I want to watch is the F1 qualifying!

Last edited:
Well, the bunting's out down our road, and yellow bikes have been bolted to every available telegraph pole, the road's been resurfaced too (which is lovely for the Alfa). The missus has cracked the whip over the garden, so we'll look neat on't telly. Only thing left to do now is drag the garden furniture round to the front on the day and open the wine!
I was considering walking up the road to the top of Jawbone Hill, to watch them coming up the hill, but to be honest, when I can have my home comforts (& the the GP on in the front room at the same time), why bother? :moustache::cheers:

That sounds like a good day to me Road of Bones. But how many fans are going to pile up outside your house in front of the fence? You need to take some pre-emptive measures.
8-)

Grand Depart watched. Left my apartment after FP3, made it to the corner in time for them going by, saw helmets and support vehicles and then came home and now watching it in the comfort of my apartment!

It was his fault. Its a shame that he couldn't win the stage specifically designed for him and take yellow in Britain, but its an even bigger shame hes now out of the tour. Could see some interesting sprint finishes now. Or just some boring ones between Kittel and Sagan.

Kittel was already the better sprinter last year, and up until now Cavendish had shown little form this year, so imo Kittel was already the favorite for yesterdays' stage. Now the flat stages will be more between Kittel and Greipel than Kittel and Sagan. On a flat stage, Sagan isn't really the favorite.

Back
Top Bottom