Movies The Best film you've ever seen?

Yesterday afternoon we watched "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof". Well, I did and thoroughly enjoyed it whilst my wife thought it was slow an boring and slept through at least half of it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Coffee Town is surprisingly a good comedy film.

Came across it randomly on sky movies last night, it was different to other comedies and didn't use similar type of jokes.

Just saw the old movie "Patton" and was reminded how great it is. George C Scott was absolutely terrific. I also found it refreshing that a movie about a renowned hard-ass general would also show his human failings (ie huge ego etc), which was, and still is, a rarity in such films.

I wondered how many posts in before I saw the default answer of Shawshank Redemption. Just three. I think people say that even when they've not seen it!

A few good men.

I've only seen it broadcast a couple of times but there was an excellent BBC film called A Foreign Field;made in the late 80's / early 90's and the last film Alec Guinness made... Topical at the moment too.

I just watched Marvellous.
I had tears in my eyes throughout, running down my face on more than one occasion. A splendidly sweet sad film.

Decided to see what Sky had on offer via on demand last night. Started with Veronica Mars, lasted about 40 minutes before turning it off. Moved on to the Grand Budapest Hotel and would thoroughly recommend it. Suitably weird, beautifully photographed and great characters. Wes Anderson at his best.

I stopped watching Veronica Mars before the initial voiceover had finished - I realised then it was going to be a waste of 90 minutes of my life.

Sadly the wife continued to watch it and I couldn't get the PS4 working on my monitor so was forced to do some work :(

Taken is a very enjoyable film. Does exactly what it says on the tin.

I haven't seen Taken 2 but from what I understand it's like 99 percent of sequals, not as good as the first. Taken 3 has just come out as well.

As proven by the scumbags abandoning the two ships loaded with "refugees" off Italy.

I really wish the authorities could catch those traders in human misery and give them what they truly deserve.

Brogan
siffert_fan

Which is why I have sponsored children and their families for over 20 years now. I can't solve the problem alone but every little bit helps and education of children, especially girls, provides them with opportunities, and lessens the impact of trafficking and prostitution and exploitation of children. I can only hope this small posting will make others think and maybe realise they also could help without causing any hardship to themselves.

Last edited:
F1Yorkshire I watch Gardians of the Galaxy last night, really enjoyed it, it's got some great one liners that had me pissing myself laughing I don't know which song is stuck in your head but I can't get this one out of mine...:bangfists:

Back
Top Bottom