Sky F1 2012

The BBC didn't win the F1 broadcaster of the year in 2011 if it was just all the same old crappy banter.

I'm one of that crowd. >:(

But I do think the show is in danger of repeating the 'Last of the Summer Wine' mistake by exceeeding its sell-by date by several series, if it hasn't already.:disappointed:
So I think it might soon be time to :wave: bye bye to the current format.

I can see the attraction of a more professional, perhaps less jocular presenting style, but I disagree that the BBC are prevented from following such a course; they did successfully for many years before the current Humphrey/Coulthard/Jordan era.

When it comes to Sky though, I am torn as their coverage looks very promising but I really can't quite afford the extra £22.50/month just now. I notice that my Virgin Media TV channel guide is now displaying Sky F1 as 'coming soon' on channel 516. Oh dear, what the hell; may just have to anyway.

So which of all you lovely forum mates is going to do me, a complete stranger (barring contributing to this forum since the beginning), the greatest favour in the world by donating your Sky Go access for me on my laptop? Not that I'm clutching at straws or anything now... :whistle: Actually, I rather am. I mean, if you're not going to use it then donate it to someone who would really appreciate it, right? :heart:

If you have have a good sound system, turn it right up. turn your lights off. Set video to full screen. Make yourself comfortable. Prepare to get excited.

Anybody got any good ideas on how to placate SWMBO when she realises that a dedicated F1 channel is going to reduce her partner to an unresponsive thrall to the spectacle of watching shiny cars being noisy and moving fast for several days every other week?

(in other words: how can I get the most out of my SkyF1 channel without getting divorced?) :dunno:

...believe me, I have tried to engage her with the thrill of howling V8s - the only race we have ever watched together was Hungary 2006, and I suspect my unbridled celebrations at Jenson's first win may have put her off for life...:disappointed:

Turn her into an F1 fan like I have with my other half? Alternatively there are some good deals available on Spa days around the country :p

That's what I did with mine! I just have to cope with the shouts of "Jenson" every time his car comes in view.

There is currently a fabulous time lapse sequence of the Williams team building their 2012 car on the Sky F1 channel - fantastic

Ya know when I first found out that sky had F1 as well as BBC I was in the "I want it ALL on the BBC" brigade. I have to admit that I love watching the banter between the presenters. However I cant help but get excited at the fact I will be able to get more viewing in on F1 stats, analysis, interviews, and even watching some of the old stuff throughout the week.

The only bad thing I can see is that not everyone can afford to watch it live, which IMO has to be a bad thing for the sport as a whole. I know a fair few people who are not gonna be watching the live races this season when they are on sky because of it, and some who wont bother watching the replays on BBC because of the "Some bastard will end up tellin me the results" way of thinking.

Will soon see what its like I guess. In the meantime have invited friends who are "real" fans of the sport to come around for every race on sky if they havent got it themselves. I mean nothing wrong with an F1 party where I can create my own banter? LOL

I'm in Jen, we'll bundle round Marc's house at 4am for the Oz race LOL

A patron of my local watering hole who isn't particularly technically savvy just bought a new Sky HD package that comes with Sky F1 so I've set up his TV and in return he purchased me a few pints and I might have got his code for Sky go ;)

Nice thought, where do you live? :)

Rochdale

I'm in Jen, we'll bundle round Marc's house at 4am for the Oz race LOL

A patron of my local watering hole who isn't particularly technically savvy just bought a new Sky HD package that comes with Sky F1 so I've set up his TV and in return he purchased me a few pints and I might have got his code for Sky go ;)

Would say bring the beer, but 4am beers might be a bit excessive ... unless of course I just stay up and then it can just be a late Saturday night LOL

Back
Top Bottom