Site Suggestions & Updates

Some of you have no doubt noticed that the Teams and Drivers forums have been moved out of their own category into the main F1 category.

I think having the category before just introduced an unnecessary click - once to open the category and again to open the teams or drivers forum.

I suppose an alternative option would be to have the teams and drivers forums as sub forums of the personnel forum - that way at least there are discussions in the list and it's not just an empty category. :thinking:

Let's see how this works for now.

My only concern was the forum list page would become overly long, but surely it's better to have a long page with everything one click away, rather than a short page and forums buried several layers down?

All of a sudden since yesterday I am being asked to confirm whether I want to like a post, why is this?

You must have disabled javascript on your browser or have a browser problem.

Check the settings and re-enable javascript or try clearing the cache.

Would it be possible or worth while having a /shout function to alert all members to an issue or just for fun? such as the joke which was played on me by FB...

After all a forum is supposed to be fun as well as informative and it really wouldn't be that intrusive would it?

How would it work?
Anyone using /shout would be able to alert every member of the site?

There is no functionality such as that, it would need to be custom coded.

Well I could do the coding and it could be restricted to people a member follows such as /group shout It could even be an extension of the tag function, I didn't mean to cause offence it was just a suggestion..

Maybe I am thinking too much on the side of a live chat mmp communication situation and it is not necessarily right for a specifically targeted forum where people are not on line all at the same time.

You are right it probably isn't appropriate for a dedicated discussion orientated forum.

Forget I said anything, I didn't think it through...

I have problems in chat during busy times with the chat page freezing all keyboard input for around 1-4 seconds. This happen as the server is posting somone elses post. If you don't notice it can result in posting nonsense (more so than normal).

I realise this is probably a major programing issue and difficult to fix.

Forgive me if someone's already mentioned it in the previous 14 pages, but is there a mobile version available?
I use the Kindle Touch quite a bit and while I don't care about everything being in shades of grey it's a bit of a bugger having to swipe the screen left and right every five words.
And before you lot start taking the piss about the Kindle, it has a 6" screen which i can pinch in and out and it would be worse if I had an iPhone or an Android phone at 3 or 4"

Unfortunately there isn't a dedicated mobile style available at this time although one is planned for the next major release of the software.

There are Tapatalk and Forumrunner add-ons available but they are both buggy so I haven't installed them.
Although I'm not even sure whether they work with the Kindle browser or not.

No worries about the Kindle per se, I take my chances, the browser not a fully released product on the Kindle anyhow - was thinking more that more that many people use mobile phones more than PCs/Macs, even for forum activity !

Back
Top Bottom