Schumacher: Time to Quit?

Mind, you do realise that Schumacher is now officially ahead of Nico Rosberg in the championship (albeit by countback) - they both have 26 points - could this be the point where advantage swings back in Schumi's favour?

Anyone noticing how all of the last 3 races have been described as "the best he's looked over a weekend since his comeback" ?

I bet there were people on the pit lane pooing their pants when he started putting those lap times in was almost like that F1 advert where eveyrone shouts "schumachers back!" and spin off.

Rosberg needs to pull his finger out!

So how long before Schumacher gets a proper drive and wins a race?

Another wet race...Spa maybe? :snigger:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, he isn't at his best, the car is not on the pace of the front runners....wet race is the only hope, I am very pleased by his performance, I had mixed feelings when he returned, I knew the first year wouldn't be his greatest and that Rosberg will have the upper hand, but the past 3 races he has proved me, a Schumacher fan wrong.

Don't want to jinx it, but I hope he continues this good run of form.

Yeah, schumi deserved a podium in canada. Button had a tremendous win in Canada, but i feel he and Webber shouldn't be on that podium. Both of them made numerous mistakes, but their mistakes were al annihilated by the many safety cars. Maybe it was good for Jenson, cause he had bad luck in Monaco.

Gilles Villeneuve might be Schumacher's best circuit. (I know there are a few), and Nico was going to come home 8th until his front wing fell off during the final lap. Michael will NEVER have a better chance to win again than he did on Sunday. He was placed right behind the leader for a 10-lap sprint race and never threatened a move, not that I blame him, the Merc is no match for the RBR.

I think it would take the retirement of both RBR's, both McLaren's, and Alonso for Schumi to take a victory. And the same goes for everyone else I believe.

As a Schumacher fan, that's what I feel was a real shame, getting a podium for MGP is a tremendously difficult thing to achieve this year and with so many rivals out, the chance was definitely there. The frustrating bit is that he seemed helpless with the two much faster, DRS-aided cars behind him.

Other than that, it's hard for me to get an understanding of things this season. On the one hand, the MGP car is faster in qualifying than last year, but on the other it's slower in race pace. Rosberg, who has been fine on Saturdays and has consistently put the car further up the grid than Schumacher, has ended up losing places in each race.

Schumacher stated he had quali issues in five of the first seven races (if I'm not mistaken - a loss of power in Canada being the last), while making an error in Turkey. Normally that's an unusual amount of problems to be happening on one driver's car, but the fact that the gap to Nico was so much smaller in the last three races (not only Q3, but also Q2) comes to support the claims that the initial huge gaps to Rosberg were due to technical issues. Most likely he would not have ended up consistently in front of him even with a faultless car, but the difference would have allowed for less complicated Sundays, without the hassle of being in the mid-pack.

Unfortunately for both drivers, seeing how DRS and the current tyre-combo have a clear tendency of sorting cars according to their race pace at the end of each race, it will be difficult for either of them to get past the 5th place, bar exceptional circumstances.

p.s. sorry, user change.

Back
Top Bottom