Pirelli permitted to run two three-day tyre tests with no restrictions

Mercedes would only have 'had their test' to an advantage if Pirelli had continued with the tyres used in said test.
From listening to the drivers post-race it would seem Pirelli didn't change the tyres, the blow-outs seem to support that.
Instead of griping about the Barcelona test wouldn't it be more sensible to test new tyres on ALL cars. Some teams have problems with the current tyres some may well have problems with the new tyres so a comprehensive test for all teams seems logical to me.
The way people are going on about the perceived massive advantage Merc gained from that 3-day test is an insult to their development team. I'm sure they did learn something but I doubt it was the only reason for the improvements & it certainly wasn't flouting the rules as much as lots of other things certain whinging teams have got up to in the past.
Anyway, I digress. Just test using everyone and get the tyres safe...and be careful what you wish for...

With the news that the tyres this weekend will now have Kevlar belts and from Hungary onwards they will revert to the 2012 tyres, one wonders whether these tests will now go ahead.

With the news that the tyres this weekend will now have Kevlar belts and from Hungary onwards they will revert to the 2012 tyres, one wonders whether these tests will now go ahead.

Yet more unknowns for how the tyres and the 2013 cars will work together!

Mallya made a valid point that not all teams are affected by the delamination issue. He said that while he recognized it as a safety issue, it wasnt an issue for Force India.

Though his drivers may get hit by flying parts, but that's not a problem.
How magnanimous of him!

Mallya made a valid point that not all teams are affected by the delamination issue. He said that while he recognized it as a safety issue, it wasnt an issue for Force India.

flyimg farce VJ.jpg

The terms of the two tests have been set.

Each test will have two teams which will be allowed to run 1,000 km each.

Only 2011 cars can be used.

I doubt Mercedes will be involved.
Possibly Ferrari also, as both teams have already participated in a tyre test.

Back
Top Bottom