Pascal Wehrlein

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Sorry, I have to ask. Why you apologize? Is he not a respected f1 journalist? Is it because of his former life as a commentator?

rufus_mcdufus likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    No, it's because he's a tosser.

Back to the story, Pascal better have some really serious problem otherwise he will be a laughing stock amongst fans and drivers.

gethinceri and F1Brits_90 like this.
  4. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Olivier I'm not a fan of his current brand of journalism and have expressed this a lot on CTA. I'm sure he is a lovely bloke and very knowledgeable but a lot of times his blog, IMO, is just pure click bait.

This is all my opinion of course and I'm sure some people value his blog greatly.

gethinceri likes this.
  5. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I don't.
    Because of FB's explanation.

FB likes this.
  6. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    So there was some discussion over on Sauber thread that there may not be a drive for Wehrlein in F1 next year. Reading between the lines of this article Toto Wolff appears to think the same. Wehrlein does not appear keen to front Merc's Formula E challenge though.

Wehrlein not keen on Formula E switch | PlanetF1

7. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I think he wants a job for 2018, somewhere. It might be more attractive in October 2019 when the seat is almost ready!

8. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    It looks like curtains for Pascal in F1 for now ..a very strange decision in Singapore to go on intermediate tyres when everyone else was on inters .. he ended even further behind. He nearly got a point through the high attrition rate at Singapore but was over a lap down

there does not appear to be drives for him left even at Sauber i.. oh dear not long ago he was touted as the next upcoming driver from Germany and its al gone down south

Looks like its back to DTM for him surely a drop to F2 would be insulting for his career?

9. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Good riddance... he's always struck me as being hyped because he had been signed up by Mercedes, and thus given all the advantages he needed; when he was being out qualified last season by Haryanto, that should have been the message people were looking for!

10. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    He will be cursing the name 'Rosberg'.

11. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    I meant when everyone else was on slicks but I don;t see Pascal getting a drive until Perez or Ocon leaves Force India for a start but even then the team are not so sure they want to take him

12. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    So in all the sessions I watched this weekend in Brazil Sky F1 were full of praise for Wehrlein - saying what a great season he has had. As this is the first time in half a dozen races he has out qualified Ericsson I struggle to understand the sudden praise that hasn't been given to him before.

The cynical side of me might suggest that Sky F1 rely on a lot of Mercedes hospitality and Toto Wolff appearing on their show and that if Merc want to promote Pascal in order to land him the Williams drive they might have made a few conditions to that hospitality.

Andyoak and gethinceri like this.
  13. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I think that's a little cynical even for my taste. Pascal is a good driver being hobbled by his team. Whether deliberately or due to negligence I dare not say. But Ericsson's mates own the team, so...

14. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives You know I was wondering why Sky kept beefing up that Di Resta was going to get the 2nd Williams seat apart from he works for Sky which was in stark contrast to BBC who said he was an outsider and now become a longshot

Biasedness indeed and taken a few corporate treats from Merc

----------------------------------

Galahad Wehrlein has been spoon fed by Mercedes but now Williams have put Kyvat supposedly ahead of him in the queue which says a lot that they don't really want Pascal

15. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    I should add since Force India gave George Russell a run - another Merc junior driver it might be that he might get a seat in 2019 or 2020 depending on the two current drivers situation again another team that don't really want him

16. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I think that depends on what Russell does in F2 next year. I think for all his noise about wanting Lando Norris as a team mate he'll breathe a sigh of relief if Norris goes to Super Formula instead. Russell is good (been a fan since his F4 days) but Norris is better.

17. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    I do think if Mercedes wanting to carry on in F1 and have more influence over the midfield teams then getting them to have their young drivers is one way. It will be interesting to see Norris vs Russell if they do make it in F1.
    ------------------

Should Russell be promoted I am trying to figure out who would be willing to take Wehrlein and I can only see Williams but that can only happen if Stroll is not in the same team

18. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Shocking news guys! Hope you're sitting down when you read this because it's completely out of the blue!

Wait for it.....Pascal Wehrlein has been named as the Mercedes test driver!

Wehrlein offered Mercedes test driver role | PlanetF1

Oh my god. Did not see that coming.

teabagyokel likes this.
  19. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I find that strange. Because he's not considered good enough for mercedes to replace rosberg like when red bull rushed verstappen into the senior team & ocon is clearly ahead in the pecking order.

So why are they holding on to him

20. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    His dad plays gold with Mr Mercedes.

21. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Like Kvyatt's role for 2018 they're just allowing him to use the Playstation.

cider_and_toast likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice