Poll Out of Ten - 2013 Spanish Grand Prix

2013 Spanish Grand Prix Out of Ten

• Total voters
Don't worry everyone next round is Monaco where the slower cars or Saubers and Force Indias will try and do 1 stop and form a train behind them of faster cars

the Spanish GP has never been an exciting race
the only thing it did prove on Sunday was you can win from places other than front row finally at the track

OK, I'm officially confused - the poll for Bahrain was, initially at least, littered with so much enthusiastic hyperbole from so many for such an ordinary race - while the poll for Spain is littered with so much vitriolic ridicule from so many for an equally ordinary race?

Bahrain was a six. This one's a six. Oz is still the best race of the season ....... and that was, at best, only a SEVEN. :givemestrength:

The race was won by the driver who got past other contenders as early as possible, then controlled it from there with the best use of his chosen strategy and car/tyre/fuel management, to match the prevailing conditions, in conjunction with his team in the pits.

Normally, IMHO, this warrants a 5 - Bahrain got an extra 1 for some laugh-out-loud shenanigans along the way from the mid-field and Spain got 1 for Alonso's double pass on the opening lap plus Hamilton's 'can't drive any slower!' and 'been passed by a Williams!':snigger:

I'm not buying into the 'too much tyre degradation' and 'too many pit stops' complaints either as, supposedly, spoiling the racing.
All the teams knew the objective of Pirelli/FIA from last season and had test sessions to get used to the tyres.

Now, some are complaining that all the tyres are not suiting their car all the time - well, shut up and get on and deal with it !

The ONLY concern with the tyres so far should be on a purely safety basis - it only needs one of these 'de-laminations' to happen at race pace, alongside another car and during an overtaking manoeuvre for there to be a serious accident.

Monaco is always awful....

I remember the 1992 race.... Mansell driving out front... No overtaking.... Gets a puncture... Falls behind senna... Can he find a way past? No of course he can't - this is Monaco where you can't overtake.... Race over

In fact, why don't I rate Monaco now.... 1

Yes, that race was so incredibly boring, I actually stopped watching Formula 1 after that... in fact it was the catalyst that ignited my passion for Figure Skating.

snowy of course I'm not (as I'm sure you know, really). But something does not become good, just because what preceded it was worse.
The headache is still undesirable.

Anyway, in my view, the quantity of overtakes is not directly proportional to the quality of the race. I also enjoyed Monaco 1992, just as I enjoyed Imola 2005 and 2006 (apart from the fact that ITV cut off the end of one of them, can't remember which).

A lot of effort and work went into Fernando and Ferrari winning that race. It seems sad that so few people can really appreciate the subtleties and forces that were at work over that race weekend. Had Manuel Fangio, Jim Clark or Stirling Moss been driving that car we would not be discussing this race in these terms and this light. We would be recognising that a driver and team made their rivals look like also rans and dimwits.

I loved that fact that Alonso won I really did but the race was, just wrong it wasn't racing, there is no way that a driver should be heard saying "Guys I can't drive any slower."

WTF is that all about.....

I loved that fact that Alonso won I really did but the race was, just wrong it wasn't racing, there is no way that a driver should be heard saying "Guys I can't drive any slower."

WTF is that all about.....

It's not the first time that Hamilton has been heard saying this though- and not just at Mercedes.... It strikes me that he's never happy unless he can go flat out every lap... Which isn't a flaw per se, but it strikes me that it's not playing to the game that's been set!

Back
Top Bottom