My favourite liveries

Ray as my art teacher would say, there's contrasting colours, red and green, yellow and purple and it should work, but it didnt which is why i like it!

Favourite liveries

Benetton B190 - multi coloured but mainly green

Williams Renault FW14 of 1991 - the bodywork cover was original white with Canon on it before later changed to yellow to show more coverage of Camel sponsorship

Williams Renault FW16-FW18 in Rothmans colours

BAR in 555 blue livery when they tried to have one car in Lucky Strike colours and the other in 555 colours before they even started their debut--- a real PR disaster for forgetting to realise how a team of two cars is defined

Jaguar racing green of 2000-2004

Jordan 191 - Irish Green in 1991

Mclaren 2007-now the Silver Chrome with Vodafone red is great on two fronts - its more silver more Mercedes who call themselves "Silver Arrows" and its red is distinguishable from Ferrari who they left to sponsor Mclaren

Brawn BGP01.. probably will be the most memorable white car in F1 history except for Marlboro Mclaren's Red and white which was the same strip that was used for Alfa Romeo in the early 1980's

Some of my favourites, (in no particular order) :-

Williams FW07B (1980)
williamsfw07b2.jpg

Minardi M187 (1987)
m187.jpg

Jaguar R1 (2000)
2000JagF1.jpg

Renault RE30B (1982)
images

I can't get too excited about modern liveries, with all the flips and twists and add-ons they all appear messy to my eyes.

I have to agree with Muddy about the proper Williams livery. The Saudia white with green scheme was great.

I always like the JPS look on Lotus.

McLarens should be the color that Bruce himself raced under--"McLorange"

Haha!

I was feeling Green this morning. Just bein' Green Friendly! ;)

I'll be honest and say the last three cars i've had - since late 1998 - have been Titanium Silver.

Now, as per one of my own personal favourite F1 liveries from the 1970s and 1980s, let's go...

Back To Black:

It's a shame today's Ferraris dont sport the Italian National Racing Stripes across the sides as per their F1 cars from the mid to late 1970s above.

It was one of their glorious eras. :)

It's a shame today's Ferraris dont sport the Italian National Racing Stripes across the sides as per their F1 cars from the mid to late 1970s above.

It was one of their glorious eras. :)

They do quite well with red, yellow and black I reckon. off topic I know but I just found this.

Ferrari-612-GTO-3-lg.jpg

They do quite well with red, yellow and black I reckon.

Definitely! The road cars look quite awsome in those 3 colours. To clarify, I meant the tricolor racing stripes across their Grand Prix cars. The 1970s F1 cars had them (as per some of the pics posted above) and they haven't sported them in many a year.

Definitely! The road cars look quite awsome in those 3 colours. To clarify, I meant the tricolor racing stripes across their Grand Prix cars. The 1970s F1 cars had them (as per some of the pics posted above) and they haven't sported them in many a year.

Apart from this year eh? ;)

ferrari-f150-f1-wallpaper-2011-17.jpg

Back
Top Bottom