My favourite liveries

OK, so you have been awarded this contract:

You, __________, are hereby given carte blanche to design the 12 liveries for the current Formula One teams. Please treat each team with the dignity it deserves!

B. C. Ecclestone

What colours would you design for each team? If you can photoshop your ideas, fine, if you can only describe them then also fine. Somewhat predictably, here's my take.

Red Bull Racing Something based on this one
McLaren Orange with white wings
Ferrari Red with black wings
Mercedes Plain silver with bigger numbers
Renault Yellow, to look both like a Renault and Camel Lotus of Piquet era
Williams Blue with yellow stripe down middle
Force India Mid-blue with orange, white, green "flag" racing stripes
Sauber White with sky blue trims
Toro Rosso White with blue and red trimming
Lotus 2010 livery
HRT Gold with red racing stripes
Virgin 2010 livery

Surprised no one has put the West McLaren, that was probably my favourite livery of all time!

d05bel1093.jpg
d05cdn1733.jpg

Liked this one too not a fan of the new chrome and red one with the Vodafone logos, this one was a beast though!

0raikkonen2-lg.jpg

The Yellow Jordan from 1998-2000 was always a looker
013-21-1.jpg

This one was nice aswell, now most liveries look boring I have to say, must be because all the tobacco sponsors have left!

Renault 2006.jpg

Others worth a worthy mention,
the Sauber the one MCLS posted can't remember what year probably 2004
the BAR from 1999 (don't know why I liked that)
The Jaguar, that green was amazing!
The Ferrari F2008 just love the design of that, and it had the amazing barcode!
BMW from 2008
Quite like the Mercedes one for this year.

A lot of good ones here, the ones I have mentioned are all recent ones since I only started watching it since the late 90s, but someone here posted the 1987 Minardi? That was nice :)

I seem to tend toward the contrarian...

WM_Brands_Hatch-1974-07-20-028.jpg

Goldie Hexagon Racing's Brabham BT42. Just because whoever it was that said "You know what the racing world needs? More turd brown" had cojones the size of grapefruit. Also, I've always had a soft spot for Wattie and Goldie gave him the springboard he needed.

800px-Hesketh_308E.jpg

Penthouse Rizla Racing (née Hesketh) and their Hesketh 308E. Just... well, because.

Back
Top Bottom