MotoGP MotoGP

Heaven forbid that De Puniet gets crocked, he's the only interesting thing about the races at the moment.

I still enjoy watching the top tier races but I must say I find myself looking forward to watching the Moto2 and 125cc races more than MotoGP. I think we've seen the pattern for then season, Lorenzo is consistently quick and has a strong bike, I can see him disappearing in most of the races leaving the also-rans and under achievers to fight it out for the minor places.

I hope I'm wrong and we get some closer racing (race by race at least, the title is his barring injury) but I'm afraid for the first time in many years I chose to miss the MotoGP race and watched it the next day.

Brilliant move or sheer madness?

Valentino is to make his return in Germany this weekend 6 weeks after an horrific highside that saw the champion's shin bones poking out the front of this leg :o

"Immediately after the crash the doctors said it could be five months before I was fit to return. I ignored that as it would maybe take five months to play football, but I just need to ride the bike."

Proof positive that all motogp riders are a little touched in the head? LOL

Apologies to those outside the UK that the video in the link won't play - it's basically Valle having a test ride and then hopping off on his crutches.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 795830.stm

That's not a wise move at all.

He won't be anywhere near fit enough which increases the risk of another accident.
The repercussions of which could see the end of his career.

Presumably the governing body has approved his return?

The governing body will add disabled access to the podium and polish his crutches if it gets him back on the grid, the races have looked painfully empty without him and Dorna will be only too aware of how badly the top class has compared to Moto2 and 125's.

I've really enjoyed the Moto2 this season possibly due to the amount of bikes on the grid as opposed to the painfully thin MotoGP lineup.

@ Bro he's been passed fit to race - and he has already been back on a bike, I agree he may well not be there on race pace but it's still good to see him back. As for another accident.....possible but I can guarantee he'll still go out there fighting for a podium!

Brogan said:
That's not a wise move at all.

He won't be anywhere near fit enough which increases the risk of another accident.
The repercussions of which could see the end of his career.

Presumably the governing body has approved his return?

You really don't understand MotoGp do you LOL :p

Fractured leg thats nothing LOL, we had lorenzo and Pedrosa having to be helped on and off the bike, Lorenzo in a wheelchair, when not on the bike, Im pretty sure Doohan was technically bionic at the end of his career and also had to have the bike modified so the rear brake was on the handlebars for most of is career. In Moto2 you have thomas Luthi, who broke is collar bone at sliverstone, still raced, had a plate put in bewteen Sliverstone and Assen a week between each other, still raced, and now is still racing now with it, all whilst he has been making huge inroads into the Championship leader, and now got up to 2nd in the champ.

Being a little more serious, Mark Webber had the same injury at preseason 09, and although having the luxury almost of a few more weeks before the 1st race, was still not 100% fit come OZ, I won't be much of a problem for Rossi, part from being a little of the pace, Infact at the Sachsenring its his shoulder which is causing him more jib at the moment.

MotoGP in all classes? most riders are nothing more then walking wounded nutters :D , think there are some who have never been 100% fit during there career.

That man is unbelievable. I suppose that's the reason he can draw on such a massive support.

Anyway, Jorge is certainly in the rider's seat to take the title. It will take a monumental effort from Valentino to get near him and I don't think any other rider at the moment, perhaps with the exception of Pedrosa but I think he's too inconsistent, can seriously challenge the young Spaniard.

I feel really sorry for de Puniet, He has having a first class season mixing it up with the works hondas. Nasty injury too, breaking both bones in his leg.

Looks like spies is going to get Rossi's ride next season when he finally confirms his move to Ducati, but i hope de Puniet could take the works yamaha ride. I think he really deserves a shot at the works bikes.

Just wonder though, wonder if Rossi's all but confirmed to Ducati may be under jeopardy with Burgess (Rossis engineer) making waves that he wants to stay with Yamaha.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85397

Andrea_Moda_Rules said:
I feel really sorry for de Puniet, He has having a first class season mixing it up with the works hondas. Nasty injury too, breaking both bones in his leg.

Looks like spies is going to get Rossi's ride next season when he finally confirms his move to Ducati, but i hope de Puniet could take the works yamaha ride. I think he really deserves a shot at the works bikes.

Just wonder though, wonder if Rossi's all but confirmed to Ducati may be under jeopardy with Burgess (Rossis engineer) making waves that he wants to stay with Yamaha.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85397

He's definitely going, hence Stoner being moved out of the way. De Puniet may get the Tech 3 ride but works Yamaha will be Spies & Lorenzo.

Speed Channel: Spies Storms to Maiden Pole

A few weeks ago, it was announced that current Yamaha Tech 3 rider Ben Spies was headed to the factory Fiat Yamaha team for 2011; this has to add to his creds' for 2011 by snagging his first pole position in MotoGP competition for tomorrow's Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix. Setting a time of 1:40.105 in qualifying, he joins fellow American Nick Hayden on the front row, sandwiching current MotoGP points leader Jorge Lorenzo.

All-in-all it was a good day for both Elbows and the Kentucky Kid...............now hopefully they can get to the podium tomorrow and possibly bring the Red, White and Blue a victory. :) 8-)

I second that thought about Spies. Good show in quali and I hope he does well in the race. So he and Hayden have been given the vote of confidence, that is very good news.

Sad news this afternoon from moto2. A bad crash and a young rider has died. The motogp riders heard the news as they finnished their own race. Very sad.

Very sad.

It's always a shame when someone loses their life to motorsport.

It happens so infrequently these days, relatively speaking, that we forget just how dangerous it still is.

Just watched a replay of this crash, really horrible, broadsiding and then coming into contact with a bike behind. It really brings back just his dangerous motorsport is, especially the bikes. RIP mate, and condolences to the family. A sad day.

im just really sad about what happened.

It never looked good for him. It was a truly awful crash proberly the most sickening thing ive watched in racing.

condolences to the family and friends.

I don't want to turn this into a marshall bashing moment considering its been a tragic day and also considering what marshals do for motorsport as a whole.

but seeing them drop Tomizawa on the stretcher and seeing them pretty much sling Scott Redding on the stretcher was just wrong.

It reminded me of Daijiro Kato crash. At somepoint questions have to be asked, marshaling needs to be looked into. and MotoGP needs to ask weather it really has moved on since Suzuka 03.

R.I.P Shoya Tomizawa.

any info on Scott Redding too. Heard he was ok and uninjured, to he's conscious and alert. which sounds he may of ended up with injuries. Hope its nothing serious.

Pedrosa will no be out for three races after crashing in prctice and sustaining a broken collarbone. Its a shame, but I will never be able to look back on this season and think "Lorenzo was definetly the best rider" On the bright side Dovi gets his first pole, Rossi at his best since his return, and lorenzo is slightly out of position. Could be a cracker.

Back
Top Bottom