Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

If we are talking about him being able to build a team around him, drive the car design, develop the car etc now, then he has only had 4 years up to this one

Anyway I am not sure Kimi or even Mansell would be accused of lacking in intelligence even though they are guilty of the same 'crime'

But Lewis is always going to look lacking in intelligence to some and that won't ever change

Let's see if we can spot some intelligent things in the race tomorrow

:goodday:

At the moment, he's been beaten by Alonso, and like Mark Webber, is searching for a scapegoat.

Massa is having a dire season, hasn't been on the podium all season and Hamilton is ready made for him. Apparently he used to carry a sack pf potatoes around Interlagos so he's used to carrying dead weight. Hopefully they both get away cleanly tomorrow.

By the way DC and Eddie went through some of the past incidents involving Hamilton with the benefit of frozen fames before quali today and it threw up some interesting points.

What decision are you thinking of? I was thinking of his decision not to use the option tyre in Q3. Your response suggests to me that you have your wires crossed.
The one to which you were alluding - a Friday decision brings success on Sunday - hopeful at best. You're going to have to be more explicit in your responses.

Never have my wires crossed, always run straight as a die :)

I'm sure Lewis can get better at this stuff. I hope he does; as I said it's a shame to see him struggling on track and scowling through press conferences. He could probably use a better management team.

Lewis to me, had a more of a look of disappoinment on his face today, after the post qualifying interview, because he knew today that he could have broken Red Bulls strangle hold, on taking pole position!

Anyway I am not sure Kimi or even Mansell would be accused of lacking in intelligence even though they are guilty of the same 'crime'

But Lewis is always going to look lacking in intelligence to some and that won't ever change

Kimi seemed to lack the inclination to deal with the political side of things properly. I don't know how capable he might otherwise have been.

I don't know why Hamilton fans are quite so defensive about him. Not being quite as smart as Vettel and Schumacher =/= stupid. They are the benchmark in the current field.

The one to which you were alluding - a Friday decision brings success on Sunday - hopeful at best. You're going to have to be more explicit in your responses.

Never have my wires crossed, always run straight as a die :)

Now I'm just confused. Choosing the right tyres won Lewis the race in China, or at least it meant he was able to compete with the otherwise faster Red Bull. Do you not agree that it was an inspired decision?

If you did take my correct meaning then I was clearly explicit enough. On the contrary, it was your response about personal decisions that was lost in translation.

Anyway, still confused but thanks for your response... I think :$

I dont think lewis is getting the support he deserves/needs at mclaren. I think he's an afterthought. I start to question if he should stay there and I begin to understand his obvious depression and his visit to red bull earlier in the year.I dont think it was just about the red bull being the fastest car. I dont know where would be a good team for him, maybe Mercedes when Schumacher finishes?

Can't see Hamilton and Brawn being a good match. I think the only two teams that he could fit into are McLaren and Red Bull. He's best off staying where he is. He needs to beat Jenson off his own back. If he can't turn the results and the team around in his favour, then I'm afraid he has simply been beaten, as much as it saddens me to say it.

He's hardly an afterthought, he's been at the team since he was a kid. He has all the support of one of the best teams in the grid, he's just going through a tough time, they all have them and he will come back stronger. Jenson is doing a better job at the moment. A winter away for Lewis will do him the world of good.

He's hardly an afterthought, he's been at the team since he was a kid. He has all the support of one of the best teams in the grid, he's just going through a tough time, they all have them and he will come back stronger. Jenson is doing a better job at the moment. A winter away for Lewis will do him the world of good.

I think he needs to finish this season on a high. If he can't up his game and turn things around in the next four races then he'll likely come back after the winter with a big hangover from a bad season.

Jenson is doing a fantastic job, not taking that away from him. But I dont think lewis feels part of that team and i dont think Whitmarsh is very bothered about him.I cant see this improving even if Lewis' resuls do.

Jenson is doing a fantastic job, not taking that away from him. But I dont think lewis feels part of that team and i dont think Whitmarsh is very bothered about him.I cant see this improving even if Lewis' resuls do.

If Lewis starts dominating Jenson on track and with his demeanour and team relations then he will come out on top. Unfortunately for Lewis, Jenson is doing a better job on track and in building intra-team relations. If Jenson is getting the support and respect of the team, then it is because he is earning it. It's not a case of unfairness, it's a case of dog eat dog. Right now, Jenson is the big dog and Lewis is letting it get to him. The more he let's it get to him, the more he alienates himself.

It's sad to see, but it's also just the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom