Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

His Ali G comment was stupid plain and simple and some people suggests he should continue this rebellious attitude towards the stewards ought to look at themselves and wonder whats that going to do Lewis apart from give him unneccessary distractions

As for his stewards treatment

Malaysia

Alonso clashing..- it was Alonso who was punished for crashing into the back of him

Weaving - he was already on a probation for his zigzag last year at the same track and no doubt Ferrari protested and someone remembered his warning from the previous year

Spain

Ignoring yellow flags - he was not the only driver spoken to about it others involved Button , Webber and Buemi and all got a warning to slow further down even though they did but had new tyres on

Monaco

Cutting a chicane on his only lap

- thats hardly a new offence. In the race you would have to give the place back . In quali the time has to be disallowed if it was his fastest when its clear on TV he did miss the chicane

Massa clash

- a similar offence to Di Resta who was also punished for his move. However its debatable had Massa not crashed whether the penalty would have been administered. So there is a hint of Ferrari protesting against it

Those who said it was race issue otherwise did not realise it McNish in the stewards and he punished Di Resta who is also Scottish so hardly favouritism

Maldonado clash

he only got a warning for it

Hungary

the spin that was dangerous because he could have collected anyone of 3 cars as Di Resta had to take to the grass and Lewis apologised afterwards to him for it.

Had the track been clear when he done it then he would have got away with it

Spa

Maldonado clash

that was more Pastor's fault in quali and Lewis was only given a reprimand which was right

so I am not sure how some people got the idea the stewards are against him when he has not been punished for as many as people think

Kobayashi clash

no further action

Leone

My point is that when MS is given the benefit of doubt for blatantly deploying his well known repertoire of tricks then you know that the recieving beneficiary is really not regarded as equal by the authorities

Since he has being back, without FIA help, MS gets penalised for every misdemeanour except when endangering you know who

Leone

My point is that when MS is given the benefit of doubt for blatantly deploying his well known repertoire of tricks then you know that the recieving beneficiary is really not regarded as equal by the authorities

Since he has being back, without FIA help, he gets penalised for every misdemeanour except when endangering you know who

I disagree given the incidents at Turkey where he broke his wing banging into PEtrov he should have got further punishment for it but then it was lap 2

Thats the only incident I think he;s been involved with Hamilton although I felt because of who is the stewards did not want to ruin his race - only Charlie Whiting can explain that

I do feel the stewards missed making a statement to Schumacher at Monza and all other drivers for that fact

Hamilton's season goes from bad to worse.

Passed by several drivers at the start then locks a brake and hits Massa, earning himself a drive through.

His racecraft seems to be getting worse with each season, not better.
I can't see him ever winning another WDC with driving like this, considering how strong the field is.

Hamilton's season goes from bad to worse.

Passed by several drivers at the start then locks a brake and hits Massa, earning himself a drive through.

His racecraft seems to be getting worse with each season, not better.
I can't see him ever winning another WDC with driving like this, considering how strong the field is.

i disagree.i can definatly see lewis winning more wdc's.he's just having a off season.
he's made mistakes,but he's also had quite a bit of bad luck too.

This season is just going to make his next WDC feel so good.

When do you reckon that will come?

Unless McLaren design a world beater, it won't come whilst Jenson's sitting in the other car.

As mentioned, Jenson may not be the faster driver but he is fast enough and consistent enough to take big points off Lewis from time to time...and it's getting more frequent.

Also, i'm not sure of two other things:

1. McLaren seem to have a really tough time ensuring Lewis has a proper Saturday afternoon (Monaco and Singapore Q3 are prime examples). And that doesn't include Sundays where he gets compromised with pit strategy and pit work and the like - sometimes even in relation to Button; and

2. Lewis, unlike Vettel and Alonso and even Button, still seems to be on a learning curve when it comes to mental approach and driving errors in qually (Malaysia, Monaco, Monza) and the races (Canada, Hungary, Belgium, Monza re-start).

In 2008, Lewis barely scraped by Massa. Well, he and McLaren will really need to up their game on preparation and on the driving front if they're going to have any chance against Vettel and Alonso (who has full Ferrari backing) and even Button (who might have been under-rated by many of us, frankly.)

Its Vettel.

I been looking at LH now for a while and one can see the frustration just dripping off his face. The absolute low point was yesterday with this question "what am I racing for?'. At the start of the season one had the feeling LH didnt take Vettel too serious and he felt the season would be a walkover. And from there it was frustration after frustration cos Vettel kept winning. This little German guy who is so much less talented then Lewis thinks he is, our man LH walking in the pits with his prize girlfriend and living the rock star life. At times it seemed LH wanted to "out Vettel" Vettel. The errors are sheer frustration.

Maybe next season LH will respect Vettel more and then his frustration will drop.

At the start of the season one had the feeling LH didnt take Vettel too serious and he felt the season would be a walkover.

Really?

I thought Lewis wasn't thinking that at all. McLaren came out of Winter testing quite worried.

But I do agree with you that a big part of it is "Vettel".

The other part is that Button seemed to be much closer to him earlier in the season, notably Malaysia, China (where he compromised Lewis at the very end of their 1st stints) and Canada (that shunt). But even going into Canada, Button was the main McLaren challenger at Monaco.

Lewis' main problems is no longer Vettel. It's Button and the way Button has gradually been stealing McLaren's focus away from Hamilton.

It comes down to mind management and possibly to Anthony Hamilton being in the Force India garage instead of at McLaren's. How does Lewis expect to win WDCs when guys like Vettel and Button have him rattled?

When you're up against a very tough Sharp End, you want everything going for you and you want to make sure the Little Things get taken care of (like fuel going into your car instead of out of it so you can get a 2nd Q3 run in.)

Right now Lewis isn't even the Number 1 in his own team let alone in F1. His rock star girlfiend ain't gonna help him.

He should dump the girl and get his father to be there for him in the garage.

Hate to break it to you Brogan, but he didn't lock up. Watch the onboard footage frame-by-frame and you'll see that the puff of smoke only appears as Hamilton's front wing makes contact with Massa's rear tyre. Whether that was caused by the contact itself or Hamilton hitting the brake a little harder when he realised contact was about to happen (probably a bit of both looking at where the smoke appears) it wasn't the cause of the contact. The cause was simply Hamilton's misjudgement of his turn in. No malice, no intent, just a mistake.

Its Vettel.

I been looking at LH now for a while and one can see the frustration just dripping off his face. The absolute low point was yesterday with this question "what am I racing for?'. At the start of the season one had the feeling LH didnt take Vettel too serious and he felt the season would be a walkover. And from there it was frustration after frustration cos Vettel kept winning. This little German guy who is so much less talented then Lewis thinks he is, our man LH walking in the pits with his prize girlfriend and living the rock star life. At times it seemed LH wanted to "out Vettel" Vettel. The errors are sheer frustration.

Maybe next season LH will respect Vettel more and then his frustration will drop.

I quite agree with this post, when Hamilton and Alonso got asked questions early in the season about Vettel they seemed to have smug faces as if they didn't have much respect for the lad.

But I wouldn't say he's stuggling just because of Vettel, many factors, errors, bad luck, management, I would say the car but the car has had the capabilities to win more races than it has, the team favouring Jenson (nah I am just messing there ;)).

Fair enough.
I only saw it briefly so assumed it was a lockup.

Even worse then as it's poor judgement, again.

He did briefly lock his front left before the incident actually which caused the puff of smoke.

I've only just listened to Massa's interview. I'm quite frankly disgusted he is allowed to make those accusations and then to get so personal about it. I wasn't impressed with his comments before the race about Hamilton. Bitter, twisted little man that can't get over 2008.

Back
Top Bottom