Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Have we ever had any openly gay F1 drivers? If not why not? Statistics would imply there should be some.

There is only one known openly gay F1 driver- Mike Beuttler...

Mike Beuttler - Wikipedia

There have been unsubstantiated allegations against other, more recent F1 drivers, but none of them were openly “out”.

Whilst one might expect more than one across almost 70 years of F1, in modern F1, i’m Not overly surprised that those who are gay are not coming out, due to some of the regimes that F1 visits...

Last edited:
What a positive example to vegans everywhere.

_98051516_hamilton.jpg

On a carbon related note though aren't the emissions from the racing and cargo transport offset by the commercial rights holder in the form of carbon certificates? I'm sure I read something about that some time ago.

On a carbon related note though aren't the emissions from the racing and cargo transport offset by the commercial rights holder in the form of carbon certificates? I'm sure I read something about that some time ago.

Yes, FOM have a carbon off set programme but after the oil has been burned it's gone so it's hardly sustainable no matter how many trees you plant.

I don’t believe there’s a threat of me being contradicted when I say that waiting around is not an idea that could sustain the current human lifestyle for too long.

Hamilton has one hell of a capacity for cognitive dissonance, though.

Interesting stuff about Lewis on social media about having an Instagram message deleted which was rude about Donald Trump and some discussion about him "taking a knee" an the national anthem at Austin.

Back
Top Bottom