Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

“Basically, once they’ve dwindled it down to five drivers, or whatever it is, the shortlist, contractually they have to discuss with me,” the three-times world champion told Channel 4 television."

Yup Titch, looks made up to me.:no:

Lewis' initial comment about not caring who his team-mate is can be read as him saying 'No one scares me'.

His subsequent comment about Merc having to consult him is about his desire to have some input into team harmony. I'm guessing that this 'conversation' between Lewis and Merc is contractual, or he wouldn't have said it. It doesn't mean he has a veto, nor did he say any such thing.

Beware of reading any more into it than that.

I think it's natural for a driver of Hamilton's skill to have a say in his team mate. He seemed to make a big deal a few weeks ago though about how he, unlike other drivers(who he named), doesn't need that.

Why if he does? Just say I'll discuss it with Merc but I welcome the competition - not point fingers.

If he could time travel he would want to see if the dinosaurs were real.............
It's not the first time I have been gobsmacked by one of his comments. Did he ever finish school or did he miss so much of it because of his racing career?

Awww. The rigour of the interviewer and the searching questions, so impressed how Hammy opened up refused to dodge a question there. Except the one about time travel, but hey, it's a toughie, would you go back or forwards, huh? Huh? I think he's really found his level to communicate on.

I love all this 'looking forward to wheel to wheel fight with Vettel' bravado Hamilton is coming out with at the min. He is totally setting up the 'you can only beat me on strategy and pitstops' defence and taunt. It very much reminds me of Montoya and Schumacher in the early 00's. Thing is though Schumacher didn't give a monkies how he won as long as he won and I think Vettel is the same.

I guess it gives F1 journalists something to write about. If season plays out like Aus i'm expecting a lot of 'is it fair Vettel is winning championship when he hasn't actually overtaken Hamilton' articles coming your way.

I have always been a Lewis fan but he is really making it hard for me. I especially am bothered by his comments about Nico, like saying that Formula 1 won't miss him and that there's a new calm in the team with Valteri. Why all the digs at Rosberg? He's gone, be a little more gracious. Anyways, he's being nicer to his current Championship rival and that's good to see, Great job in China today, another Grand Slam

I don't think he said F1 won't miss Rosberg. Both he and Lauda said he won't be missed because they have to move on as always happens in teams.

It's easier to respect a driver from another team than a teammate. With Nico, Lewis was stewing over the fact that Nico was using Lewis's data to beat him on track. If a driver from another team beats him, he can always tell himself that they had the better car on that day but that is hard argument to make with a teammate. I think the mutual respect between these two will continue as long as one of them doesn't physically punt the other off track. Personally, I used to intensely dislike Vettel but have come to realize that he is one of the greatest drivers ever and has a great personality, too. Just watch him on the old Top Gear episode or in some of the drivers conferences.

Back
Top Bottom