Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Jen I agree, Lewis is here now and it matters little how he arrived, we should just enjoy his talent ;but when his history is brought up people will want to give their two penn'oth.

Regarding his contract for next year, I must admit Ive been eagerly scanning the internet to see if there's any news-nothing. As was suggested above, if Schumacher signs, Lewis' options and thus bargaining power diminishes(though I think Mercedes is looking a diminishing possibility at this point in the season regardless of what Schumacher decides to do) But Lewis does hold an ace up his sleeve. Mclaren will want a long term commitment, Lewis can push for one year, after which there will likely be a lot more driver movement.

Ive seen a few reports on the net, mostly from comments by Whitmarsh, saying that Lewis is closer to signing and wants to stay at Mclaren. They've met a few times he says, and mostly talked about how to win races.:thinking:So not really much news there.
C'mon!!! I want to know what happening!!

I've heard Lewis is seeking the opinion of the general public so if you see a thread on clip the apex put up by a brand new user called:

"Are Mclaren good enough for me Lewis Hamilton to sign another contract with?"

be very careful how you vote!

Well, it looks like Michael Schumacher is not going to be competing next season, so my shot in the dark, based on inklings over the last few weeks:

Lewis Hamilton will be racing for Mercedes next season!!

you heard it here first!!!

Maybe not. I know lewis is incredibly ambitious, as they all are, but I think he'd like to feel he was fully included in a team and working together towards something. If he could be part of that I think he'd forgo immediate success. But who says Mclaren are going to have immediate success, their recent track record isnt brill. And will they cope with the 2014 reg changes?. Who knows.?Its a gamble. But feeling valued would be a good thing

A BBC article earlier suggested the deal between Hamilton and McLaren was all but done and they were just finalising a few niggling details.

I'll see if I can find it.

If I was Whitmarsh, I might be having second thoughts about re-signing a guy with such a passion for 'social media' and inherent disloyalty.

Back
Top Bottom