Jos' Weather Thread

Jos the Boss - or should I call you Nostradamus now? He was pretty good at saying something vague yet apparently insightful ;)

Your final answer was D, "inters / wets for the whole race distance" with less than 5 cars switching to dry tyres and no red flag.

Even that was past the deadline so I'm minded to give you a FAIL, but seeing as I'm a nice guy I will accept it this once. If you tried that trick in FF1, I know G would not be so accomodating!! I can just see it now... "I know the race has finished but please can I drop XXX and buy [insert winner's name]". :thinking:

Well it's looking wet, if the race was today, i would be right! Qually is expected to be drier though, BBC weather said some sun so we'll see!

Ok, Jostradamus. We shall indeed see if your 100% record :)s) survives the weekend!

Didn't know where to put this, so this thread seems the most logical.

Have you guys had any thunder and lightening where you live? I got woken up by the thing this morning, had my bedroom window open and the next thing i knew there was a crack of thunder.

Jos the Boss has failed to give his prediction in time, even if we were to let him off for it, he didn't give us a straight answer.

A big 'F' written in red inside a circle on the paper and "SEE ME!" aswell.

The red flag rule is pretty vague, it should be added to D as Canada 2011 had a red flag and all 3 tyres, but there isn't an option for that!

Ok, Jos the Boss - it is decision time. What is the weather going to do this weekend, at Silverstone Circuit between the hours of 1pm and 3pm, BST? Your choices are,
a) dry,
b) spots of rain but not enough for inters, (but at least tv shots required of spectators with umbrellas up),
c) wet & dry (spells or running on inters / wets plus spells on slicks for at least 5 cars in each case) or
d) inters / wets for the whole race distance.

Your prediction / wild guess must be registered before midnight on Thursday, just like the other FF1 competition.

You man enough to play by these rules? ;)
Why not? For sure I will play by the new rules! What about option E, red flag!
Ok, add option e) red flag! :goodday:

Where's your money...?
The only thing that is vague is your forecast LOL

The options are pretty clear. If there is a red flag, the correct answer is e).
If it rains and the cars do the whole race with less than 5 of them changing to slicks, the correct answer is d).
If there are more than 5 cars on dries at any stage, and also more than 5 cars on wets over the race, the correct answer is c)
If we have sprinkles with images of rain or umbrellas but cars stay on slicks like Monaco, the correct answer is B).
If the whole race is dry, the correct answer is a).

You chose d) which to be fair is looking good, but the risk of a red flag or a drying circuit, must surely keep you awake tonight ;)

Except when someone aquaplanes off and crashes into another car spreading debris on track. I think that wouldn't have happened in the dry. ;)

Back
Top Bottom