Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might I add that Lewis also had financial assistance from McLaren in the latter part of his karting days as his father mentions in this old Top Gear interview below from 2000, he was in the 3rd year of a 10 year McLaren support program.

It is interesting that 7 years before Lewis' F1 career begun, there is a video claiming he is one of the kids trying to be "the next Jenson Button". 12 years on, Lewis won his world title before Jenson and has more poles and wins. It says a lot about Lewis that Jenson was ever playing catch up.

It is interesting that 7 years before Lewis' F1 career begun, there is a video claiming he is one of the kids trying to be "the next Jenson Button". 12 years on, Lewis won his world title before Jenson and has more poles and wins. It says a lot about Lewis that Jenson was ever playing catch up.

And therein lies the crux

Whilst Lewis' father was making Lewis work hard and brake later and later in his early career, Jensons early career was about living it large, giving it the big I am, getting the chicks and getting into F1

And now after a decade of under achievement he finally repays those who had high hopes for him whilst Lewis now has to allow Jenson his belated place as the Brit golden boy at the top Brit team. As long as this arrangement doesn't damage Lewis who has many more years st the top, it's amusing to watch MW salivate at the 'disturbingly good looking Jenson' ( his words)

Has any team principal in history wept over a driver, or described them as 'disturbingly goodlooking?'

What a complete knob

F1, I agree with you that it was a sneaky move on Jenson's part, and you was also correct, because Lewis did say to the pitwall.................. " what the hell is going on. "

What I found disturbing at first, in this clip...voices saying go Jenson etc, when JB has made the pass, that LH was told wouldn't happen.
But then I realised it is probably JB supporters, not the McLaren team.

What I found disturbing at first, in this clip...voices saying go Jenson etc, when JB has made the pass, that LH was told wouldn't happen.
But then I realised it is probably JB supporters, not the McLaren team.

One of the things that is noticeable about that clip is how Button gives Hamilton plenty of room to make the overtake. As Martin Brundle said at the time he could have closed the door and applied a squeeze very easily.

One of the things that is noticeable about that clip is how Button gives Hamilton plenty of room to make the overtake. As Martin Brundle said at the time he could have closed the door and applied a squeeze very easily.
I think you are getting your clips/squeezes mixed up.....but I might be wrong

A lot has been made of the comment about the Hamilton family not having the same cash available for racing, as the Buttons had.
I made this remark because there were several posts saying LH looked up to JB, & his fantastic karting success....saying could this be a reason...for what is happening at the moment.
I wasn't saying LH lived in a shoe box in the gutter...Monty Python...ish. But middle class, they were not.
Anthony Hamilton was born in England, his mother died whilst he was still at school, he left school at 17 years of age & went to work for British Rail as a clerk. He went to night school to learn computer programming & later used this new skill to advance his prospects at BR. He married Carmen, a secretary, and a couple of years later Lewis was born. They lived in an end-of -terrace house on Shephall council estate in Stevenage....Anthony & Carmen split up two years later. Carmen stayed in the house with Lewis, Anthony moved to a one bed flat. When AH met & married Linda they live there with their son Nicholas. Lewis stayed with them at week-ends.
They were still in the flat when LH started karting. Anthony needed three jobs to try to fund, one was putting up signs for an estate agents...£15 per board. Linda was working ful time too.
Lewis dad bought him a second-hand kart for Christmas...it cost £1,200...three quarters of his & Linda's combined monthly salary. When Anthony eventuay set up his own business, he had a contract from his former employer. He earned more than before & Linda was able to give up work & look after Nicholas.
Lewis won a Mclaren support package, from the age of twelve ( I think), David Coulthard was the inaugural recipient to benefit from this..,

A lot has been made of the comment about the Hamilton family not having the same cash available for racing, as the Buttons had.
I made this remark because there were several posts saying LH looked up to JB, & his fantastic karting success....saying could this be a reason...for what is happening at the moment.
I wasn't saying LH lived in a shoe box in the gutter...Monty Python...ish. But middle class, they were not.
Anthony Hamilton was born in England, his mother died whilst he was still at school, he left school at 17 years of age & went to work for British Rail as a clerk. He went to night school to learn computer programming & later used this new skill to advance his prospects at BR. He married Carmen, a secretary, and a couple of years later Lewis was born. They lived in an end-of -terrace house on Shephall council estate in Stevenage....Anthony & Carmen split up two years later. Carmen stayed in the house with Lewis, Anthony moved to a one bed flat. When AH met & married Linda they live there with their son Nicholas. Lewis stayed with them at week-ends.
They were still in the flat when LH started karting. Anthony needed three jobs to try to fund, one was putting up signs for an estate agents...£15 per board. Linda was working ful time too.
Lewis dad bought him a second-hand kart for Christmas...it cost £1,200...three quarters of his & Linda's combined monthly salary. When Anthony eventuay set up his own business, he had a contract from his former employer. He earned more than before & Linda was able to give up work & look after Nicholas.
Lewis won a Mclaren support package, from the age of twelve ( I think), David Coulthard was the inaugural recipient to benefit from this..,

You a family friend? you seem to know a lot about their finances. Tried to varify your facts and figures but can't seem to - all I find is Anthony Hamilton being listed as a succesful businessmen - and having been to Stevenage, seen people that knew Lewis as a kid interviewed and more importantly, seen his school, I'll safely say Lewis is from a middle class background.

And therein lies the crux

Whilst Lewis' father was making Lewis work hard and brake later and later in his early career, Jensons early career was about living it large, giving it the big I am, getting the chicks and getting into F1

And now after a decade of under achievement he finally repays those who had high hopes for him whilst Lewis now has to allow Jenson his belated place as the Brit golden boy at the top Brit team. As long as this arrangement doesn't damage Lewis who has many more years st the top, it's amusing to watch MW salivate at the 'disturbingly good looking Jenson' ( his words)

Has any team principal in history wept over a driver, or described them as 'disturbingly goodlooking?'

What a complete knob

You're always peddling this garbage about Jenson being a 'bad sort' and not as committed as Lewis - apart from a statement by Flav (the most trustworthy man in the world) have you got any facts to back it up? Again are you a close family friend? Did Jenson steel your girlfriend or something? You have nothing to base any of the things you've just said on other than your own personel feeling and a need to due to your love for Lewis Hamilton. Thats fine if you want to think that but don't try and make out like your opinion is fact when it clearly isn't.

Anyways. I don't know either Jenson or Lewis well enough to even refer to then as Jenson and Lewis. In fact I might just start refering to them as Mr Hamilton and Mr Button. I do know they are very quick racing drivers and both rank in the top 4 F1 drivers currently. I'd prob put them both in the top 15 I've ever seen. I also know that for the last year and a bit Mr Button has been beating Mr Hamilton and whilst this has surprised me I don't feel the need to find excuses for why it is happening or the need to throw unfounded personel insults of the character of either. He's just stepped up and beat him and as an F1 fan rather than a fan of either driver (I certainly wouldn't stop watching F1 if either driver left like some have said they would) its bloody amazing to watch and I really hope Mr Hamilton steps back up and takes it too Mr Button this season so I get to watch some brilliant Formula One Motor racing and more to the point I can watch either driver win and not feel some form of build up of hatred inside of me.

Alternativly both drivers could pull out of F1 tomorrow to start a joint comedy double act and it wouldn't mean much to me. I'd probably watch it but if it clashed with the F1 then not a chance.

You're always peddling this garbage about Jenson being a 'bad sort' and not as committed as Lewis - apart from a statement by Flav (the most trustworthy man in the world) have you got any facts to back it up? Again are you a close family friend? Did Jenson steel your girlfriend or something? You have nothing to base any of the things you've just said on other than your own personel feeling and a need to due to your love for Lewis Hamilton. Thats fine if you want to think that but don't try and make out like your opinion is fact when it clearly isn't.

I get my info from the well respected site F1-rejects, they mention things like dumping his pregnant gf for a model, acquiring a bigger yacht than his boss in his first season, he himself has said in lots of interviews that his early attitude was wrong and almost destroyed his career. I can't be bothered to post links
I understand your frustration that a few of us keep pointing out that Jensons halo has slipped before and supplying facts that trump yours. This is a discussion about Lewis vs Jenson (those are familiar terms for the drivers, we are familiar with aspects of them, although ofcourse not them of us)
Please do not get angry or demand the thread be shut down, simply ignore it or win the argument conclusively.

You a family friend? you seem to know a lot about their finances. Tried to varify your facts and figures but can't seem to - all I find is Anthony Hamilton being listed as a succesful businessmen - and having been to Stevenage, .
She's done better reasearch on the topic? If you read the books on or by Lewis Hamilton, you will find and verify all the facts. If you just click on wikipeadie, you wont.

She's done better reasearch on the topic? If you read the books on or by Lewis Hamilton, you will find and verify all the facts. If you just click on wikipeadie, you wont.

And that describes a lot of the problems this world faces today, everyone believes that wiki or the Sun newspaper is the real word because they supply easily digestible words.

Some one beats me in an argument by supplying better researched facts, what do I do? cry foul and demand an end to arguments? or knuckle down and improve my abilities

Read his book thank you. I'm actually a fan. I just don't know why people want to make him a saint.

I get my info from the well respected site F1-rejects, they mention things like dumping his pregnant gf for a model, acquiring a bigger yacht than his boss in his first season, he himself has said in lots of interviews that his early attitude was wrong and almost destroyed his career. I can't be bothered to post links
I understand your frustration that a few of us keep pointing out that Jensons halo has slipped before and supplying facts that trump yours. This is a discussion about Lewis vs Jenson (those are familiar terms for the drivers, we are familiar with aspects of them, although ofcourse not them of us)
Please do not get angry or demand the thread be shut down, simply ignore it or win the argument conclusively.

*sigh* Cook - you talk about Bill baiting you and then you put this on to bait me and then expect me to bait. I have not demanded the thread be shut down nor am I suggesting Jenson is some sort of saint. You actually know I'm not even a huge Jenson fan. I'm certainly not getting angry. You seem to be losing your temper though as having failed to convince anyone of a Mclaren conspiracy and a car failure is the reason your darling Lewis didn't win last Sunday you've decided to ignore the actual racing and paint a picture of the evil playboy Button and the poor hardworking Hamilton. You do this by using half facts. Its very clever. I too read F1 rejects and there have been a lot of bad stories about Lewis Hamilton on their too but you of course would never mention them. You just throw up things like Jenson dumping his pregnant ex and hope no one looks into it too much pleading that its below you to have to find a link.

Which ex girlfriend was it?

this one http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...iffiths-reminisce-after-a-chance-meeting.html - who he's still good mates with and was dating between 2000 and 2005

This one who dated Prince Harry - http://skyliving.sky.com/news-gossip/jensons-head-on-collision?

Which one? and where's the article coz I've searched for it everywhere. If you could provide that link as well as the link you promised over a year ago proving that Martin Whitmarsh sacked Lewis Hamilton from the young drivers programme.

At the end of the day Cook your really getting yourself in knots because you continually tell us that the media portray Hamilton in this way and that and its unfair etc etc - yet your pushing all the bad media reports about Jenson as truth without taking the same stand point for you. You're from the same area as Jenson aren't you? Serioiusly did he do something to hurt you?

We do have one thing in common both of us feel the need to always have the last word and I fully expect a detailed and condersending response as to how amazingly wrong I am. But its all a bit pointless because if Lewis Hamitlon wins the title this year in brilliant style we'll both cheer and celebrate - but if Jenson Button wins the title in brilliant style this season I will be the only one smiling. Therefore I win. :)

Don't believe the hype.

Some one beats me in an argument by supplying better researched facts, what do I do? cry foul and demand an end to arguments? or knuckle down and improve my abilities

...or concede and realise that Jenson vs Lewis has sweet FA to do with what their parents did for a job 20 years ago and everything to do with how they are performing against each other in a McLaren car on race weekends.

This thread is ridiculous. You get a place to discuss the merits of each drivers and then try and score points against each other by guessing the strength of your respective driver's Mum's knicker elastic.

I am completely dumbfounded. :givemestrength:

You a family friend? you seem to know a lot about their finances. Tried to varify your facts and figures but can't seem to - all I find is Anthony Hamilton being listed as a succesful businessmen - and having been to Stevenage, seen people that knew Lewis as a kid interviewed and more importantly, seen his school, I'll safely say Lewis is from a middle class background..

I am not a family friend. All the information I have given has been said on TV & the Hamiltons former homes have also been shown. Mark Hughes book, 'Lewis Hamilton The Full Story' gives al the facts and figures & much more.
Anthony Hamilton probably made sure he lived near a good school?

McLaren have a policy.... that they treat their driver the same, this doesn't seem to be happening.
JB has taken several liberties in the past.......& managed to get more WDC points than LH last year, & he is fluffing up his feathers big time.
As someone else said LH keeps banging on about 1& 2 finishes....I don't know whether he has cottoned on to the fact....the position he is expected to take.

At Brawn, RubensB said when he voiced his opinion on something, all he got was Blah, Blah, Blah.
JB got his WDC & jumped ship. It was widely broadcast that he was going iMcLaren ....into a Lions Den, Lewis would wipe the floor with him etc. Who did all this crap benefit......certainly not LH, he was kindness itself to JB.
We are now hearing so much about the car with track position gets first call for tyres, well not in Australia 2010 where JB snook into the pits from several places behind LH. No team radio, until in the pit lane. & JB won the race.

If LH needs to come in for tyres...then he should seize the moment as his team mate did.
Not be hung out to dry for an extra lap after JB decides he wants to come in.

All's fair in love & F1.......I don't think.
All this pally behaviour with F1 commentators, at dinner, the night before the race..... is not on............IMHO wrong][/quote]

Yeah - because everything I've read (and I don't read the Sun by the way Cook but nice insult) says different. Anthony Hamilton built his way up from nothing its true and he worked his ass off to make sure Lewis had a middle class up bringing which is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of - his father worked hard to make sure he had an education and a chance to use his skill and Lewis would be the first to admit that he wanted for nothing so why make up like he was deprievied? Don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom