Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think it was pretty much a foregone conclusion, only screw ups left and reliability issues let it carry on this long. A season to forget for Jenson, certainly nowhere near his best this year.

As for Lewis, his driving has been deserving of much more this year, his form has been excellent. Hopefully he can carry that forward to next year.

I don't think Button's been bad this year. His mid season was bad, but outside of that he's been pretty good in places but being teammate to Hamilton when he's on form is not a position that's easy to look good in. Without the intangible issues Button would be much further away in the standings. When was the last race where Button seemed to be seriously struggling to find his pace?

You might not all agree, but the way I see it is, when they're both fulfilling their potential Hamilton tends to start and finish afew places ahead. Obviously if we all agreed on that this thread wouldn't exist...

Yeah yesterday Hamilton extended his points lead over Button to 27 settling the 3 year duel. Hamilton 2 - 1 Button.

I only considered the Hamilton V Button thing early 2009. Although Button was proving himself to be a much better driver than I had imagined him there were no doubts in my mind that Hamilton was better, neither were there any doubts in 2010 and the 1st half of 2011. The 2nd half of 2011 did however raise doubts. Then 2012 obliterated those doubts.

I don't see how Button hasn't been poor this year. Hamilton has been robbed of 3 victories and more and has still beaten Button. The obvious low point being lapped on merit by Hamilton who went on to win the race in Montreal, truly awful weekend. However the high point has to be Belgium.

no-FIAt-please
I don't think anyone would suggest that Button hasn't had a poor season - in fact god-awful might be a good description....

This season, he has struggled to get the best out of the car/tyre combination, and as such has struggled in terms of pace! - there are only really 3 race weekends where JB has looked completely comfortable with the car - and those were Melbourne, Spa and Monza....

However, I do find it amusing that at the start of the season, there were people complaining because the tyres didn't allow Lewis Hamilton to excel....

Yeah yesterday Hamilton extended his points lead over Button to 27 settling the 3 year duel. Hamilton 2 - 1 Button.

I only considered the Hamilton V Button thing early 2009. Although Button was proving himself to be a much better driver than I had imagined him there were no doubts in my mind that Hamilton was better, neither were there any doubts in 2010 and the 1st half of 2011. The 2nd half of 2011 did however raise doubts. Then 2012 obliterated those doubts.

And today, the Hamilton Vs Button battle was equally decided in favour of Jenson Button, with respect to scoring 672 versus Hamilton's 657

Sorry, I just wanted to post an alternative point of view- given that this has been an emotive thread- and let's face it, we can use some metrics to show LH has come out on top, others that show JB on top- maybe it's time for a meta-analysis of results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom