In-Season Driver Changes 2011

Would you have rather seen hamilton patrolling around without 3rd gear and button catching him?

Nothing was happening at the front, all the battles where midfield ones, I don't remember it being on kobayashi all the time, it was on the top 5 a fair amount of time.

I would rather have seen Hamilton having no problem at all with 3rd gear, but that wasn't to be.

Coverage on Kobayashi wasn't all the time, but to me was excessive.:goodday:

This is getting off topic... Anyway who do people think the next driver is to be replaced (if any)? Personally my favourite is still Alguersuari even though Torro Rosso said they would only think about drivers at the end of the season.

This is getting off topic... Anyway who do people think the next driver is to be replaced (if any)? Personally my favourite is still Alguersuari even though Torro Rosso said they would only think about drivers at the end of the season.

Liuzzi could well be next out of HRT, they don't have a habit of having a consistent driver line-up, and WTCC driver Javi Villa reckons he'll get a drive before the end of the season. Also, there might be an outside shot that Williams chuck Barrichello before the end of the year. I think one or both Toro Rosso drivers will leave at the end of the year.

Have Williams ever sacked a driver mid-season? Reutemann left of his own choice in 1982, I don't remember them ever giving a driver the boot.

No, Williams usually act at the end of the season, but the way things are going, drastic change might be necessary. The nearest I can get is 1996, when Hill was allowed to finish the season, but he was sacked before Monza.

Torro Rosso's history doesn't show that they will necessarily wait till the end of the season for a
driver change. I believe they are warming up Ricciardo now at HRT, to replace Alguersuari this season.

Toro Rosso are one of the more ruthless teams in the grid, they will drop the lowest performer if they feel Ricciardo is ready, and at the moment Buemi is behind Jaime.

Points don't tell the whole story...

Every other gp algiersuari has been poor, and got lucky in Canada and in Britain, while his team-mate gets unlucky. However his performance in Valencia was a great one.

Autosport this week suggested that Trulli's seat was under threat at Lotus, and that Eric Boullier may try to replace Jerome d'Ambrosio with Romain Grosjean at Virgin before t'season's out.

Grosjean at Virgin? hmmm. if I were Mr Grosjean I'd at least wait until the GP2 season is over and learn from last time.

The thrust of the article was that Grosjean would have to wrap up the GP2 title first. Then give him a bit of seat time at Virgin in anticipation of a seat at Renault for 2012. They were pretty sure that Heidfeld was not in the frame for 2012.

Yeah - I've heard the rumours of him being at Renault myself which wouldn't suprise me as they've invested a lot of money in him and would love to bring a French driver back into F1 and I guess the Virgin thing makes a lot of sense. Bit harsh on d'Ambrosio though!

Am I right in thinking that Petrov has a contract with Renault for next year? in which case if this whole Grosjean thing does go through it makes you think they have doubts over Kubica returning.

Not forgetting that both Grosjean and d'Ambrosio are managed by Boullier's management company (not Renault, technically).

Am I right in thinking that Petrov has a contract with Renault for next year?

Indeed he does. At this stage I suppose they have to keep all avenues open for the other seat.

Think Grosjean should wait, plus d'Ambrosio isn't doing too badly is he?

Grosjean and Petrov in a Renault?

As much as I think Grosjean should be given another chance, and that Petrov has improved a lot. I can't help think that this driver line-up will be a bit weak.

But then that's what I thought about Perez and Kobayashi :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom