Current Haas

From the start of the 2016 season we will be able to welcome the Haas F1 Team into the F1 fold. They have just announced one of their drivers in a live stream on their website a really good signing with the talent that is Roman Grosjean. No word of the second driver as yet.

Stewart Haas Racing in NASCAR already stands the team in good stead to getting off to a flying start. These guys know how to race. In turn they also have one of the best wind tunnels in the world and CNC factories at their beck and call as part of the Haas empire.

They seem to think they can hit the ground running and score points in their first season.

I say good luck to them.

Last edited:
Can't see Haas lasting much longer to be honest. No longer Ferrari's junior team and no longer getting support.
well they said if the next concorde agreement was a continuation of the current. haas wouldve pulled out at the end of this year. because as ive mentioned spending 130m to finish 9th loses its appeal after a while

also russia geographically is in asia, but in reality there are european. as the majority of the population & the major cities all live in european part of the country. most of the sporting competitions they compete with other european countries

You can't survive in F1 by simply buying and borrowing spare parts from Ferrari. It looks like dud parts this season. Sooner or later you will be found out which is what has happened with Haas.

Sooner or later they need to aim higher and am afraid Ferrari will never let a customer get the better of the factory team.

I'm going to get technical here, Europe ends at the Ural mountains which means a large part of Russia is European. You need to know where in Russia someone is from to know if they are Asian or European.

1599075056590.png

You can't survive in F1 by simply buying and borrowing spare parts from Ferrari. It looks like dud parts this season. Sooner or later you will be found out which is what has happened with Haas.

Sooner or later they need to aim higher and am afraid Ferrari will never let a customer get the better of the factory team.
in a ideal world yes but look what happened when people tried to come from scratch. i cant think when the last completely new entry who built it themselves did well. Manor Caterham HRT BAR, super Aguri, Toyota, Jaguar were all disaster at the start or duration. i dont have the knowledge but id guess at prost or stewart back in 1997

without going on to my well worn subject, but that why budget caps were needed because F1 had become far too expensive

Last edited:
FB hence why I described Kvyat as half asian earlier as he was born in the far East of Russia but brought up in the European part.

(for clarification the other is Albon who although is Thai was born in London and raised in Norwich. Whilst I won't deny his Thai nationality I don't think we can really use him as an example as someone from the continent of Asia who made it up the F1 ladder.)

in a ideal world yes but look what happened when people tried to come from scratch. i cant think when the last completely new entry who built it themselves did well. Manor Caterham HRT BAR, super Aguri, Toyota, Jaguar were all disaster at the start or duration. i dont have the knowledge but id guess at prost or stewart back in 1997

without going on to my well worn subject, but that why budget caps were needed because F1 had become far too expensive
  • Prost - took a well established, and reasonably performing Ligier team, got rid of the Mugen Honda engines to have a "French Team" (Ligier had a lot of support from Gauloises as well) with Peugeot engines... Within 5 years they were bankrupt
  • Stewart - team started from scratch, but with an awful lot of Ford money behind it. Rubens Barrichello had good performance in 1997, but their only points finish was a 2nd place in Monaco. It took until year 3 of the project for the team to really find its feet - at which point it was sold to Jaguar
    • Jaguar was essentially the car that Stewart had been designing for 2000. Jaguar was the result of Ford wanting to be a manufacturer, but throwing an awful lot of management at it. Had Adrian Newey actually honoured the contract he signed back in 2002, then maybe Jaguar would still be in F1 today!
  • Toyota - I truly hate the Toyota team - as this was when manufacturers were being treated like gods in F1. Bernie reserved a space for Toyota in the championship, they never really understood F1, recruited the wrong Schumacher, and then gave up when the going got a bit rocky
  • Super Aguri - terrible in 2006, surprisingly good in '07 - although, perhaps it should be surprising, as they were using the fantastic 2006 Honda
  • BAR - Again, this is a team that arrived as part of a partnership - this time with Reynard. BAR thought they would win the first race... It took until they got a real racer into the team (Dave Richards) to run the team
    • ProDrive was due to join F1 in 2008, with lots of parts bought from McLaren, but then the rules were changed, and Prodrive dropped out. It is probably this that led to HRT (sorry Campos at the time) being selected to get the 13th slot on the grid
Other teams that have come in since 1991:
  • Jordan (1991) -> Midland -> Spyker -> Force India -> Racing Point
  • Sauber (1993) -> BMW -> Sauber -> Alfa Romeo
  • Pacific (1994)
  • Simtek (1994)
  • Forti (1995)
  • Stewart (1997) - > Jaguar -> Red Bull
  • Lola (1997)
  • BAR (1999) -> Honda -> Mercedes
  • Toyota (2002)
  • HRT (2010)
  • Manor (2010)
  • Lotus (2010)
  • Haas (2016)

what's this got to do with Haas?

I think one of the drivers will lose their seat - currently in F2 - 1,2,3 in the championship - Illott, Shwartzmann and Schumacher all Ferrari junior drivers

very interesting it has blown up in nikita mazapin on social media, i think for legal reasons i wont post anything of multiple things he is being accused of on here but its easy to find on social media

Last edited:
He sounds like a fine, upstanding individual both on and off the track.

"dealt with internally" suggests massive telling off but he'll keep his seat.

So they've hired him for both the money and to maintain the team having at least one driver for Gunter Steiner to be continuously disappointed in then.

Haas dont half have bad luck theyve only been going 6 years & they already picked rich energy, santino ferruci & now nikita mazepin. so they do have a form for this, after getting rid of ferruci.

i dont know Chase Carey, Liberty Media & FIA will intervine, but if Haas dont then i think them 3 might persuade gunther steiner into it, because you cant have a we race as 1 slogan & make a huge deal about it, then at the 1st sign of walking the walk. you turn a blind eye to this. it would be absoultely disaster for F1. because we are talking about a 2 horrible incidents, 1 against a current F1 driver. & then there is the attitude he was extremely dangerous in the F2 feature race, makes verstappen look like mother teresa, tried to put 3 people into the pitwall

He has been accused of inappropriately touching a woman's breast in a video he posted on his Instagram.
He's not the first dickhead to get a drive, and won't be the last.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom