1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FF1

Discussion in 'Pit Lane' started by KekeTheKing, Mar 4, 2016.

1. KekeTheKing

KekeTheKing Banned Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Is CTA FF1 a thing of the past?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives He's the master of going faster Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I'm pretty sure it's dead for this year due to its creator in the midst of chasing the American Dream.

4. Titch

Titch Mine is the best pink car on the track. Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I was also wondering, and I have come to the same conclusions as RasputinLives . Shame though.

5. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Given the level of work involved I'm not surprised. You Bet remains a good season long game.

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  6. Brogan

Brogan Running Man Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    The decision to no longer continue with FF1 was made last year, long before our decision to consider moving to the US.

It's a lot of work for no benefit at all to the site; in short it's a waste of time and effort.

The vast majority of players don't contribute to the site in any way and just log in every two weeks to update their FF1 team, then disappear until the results are published.
    Come the end of the season they vanish for several months and then start checking around February to sign up again.

I was hoping that the introduction of an automated FF1 game and the huge changes I made last year to the interface (charts, graphs, etc.) would have some positive effect, but it's clear now that the site is never going to be anything more than it is now and it has been slowly dying for years.

posts.png

I've put more hours and years of my life into this site than I care to imagine.
    I'm not going to waste any more of both on it.

7. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Regardless of whether you run FF1 this year or not I think we are all grateful that you keep the site going Brogan even for the few "hardcore" members left.

8. Titch

Titch Mine is the best pink car on the track. Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Yes we do appreciate the hard work that Brogan has put in. I also think that if F1 gets better this will be the Forum that people will turn to, and it will be back up to it's glory days, that's if Brogan intends it to remain, or was that a statement of CTA's demise ?

9. Porceliamone

Porceliamone This cost me a tenner, but so L'Oreal. Contributor

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Is this happening this year because I can't find any information on the site or a way to register. The season starts in just under two weeks. Am I missing something here?

10. Porceliamone

Porceliamone This cost me a tenner, but so L'Oreal. Contributor

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    I see. Well, I'd like to say a big thanks for all the work in the past and that I very much enjoyed it.

11. teabagyokel

teabagyokel Part of the furniture Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Just to announce that TMP is going the same way; as you may have noticed it did proper tail off last year. Anyone willing to run it has my best wishes.

12. Sakari

Sakari Race Winner Premium Contributor

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Yay... I will remain as the last FF1 champ!! Thank you for everything Brogan. I think the CTA FF1 was a great game, but I understand that if there's not enough interest then it's not worth keep going on.. unless someone was able to run it?

Share This