Head To Head Fernando Alonso vs Kimi Räikkönen

downforce

once in a while Newey will design a poor car or get caught out by the regulations like 1994 and 2009 you know

Luca has been quiet about getting Vettel but seriously how much more of Alonso's whining is he prepared to take

Why do you keep on about Alonso? Yes, he has spoken out about the quakity of the car but in no stronger terms than Luca and he has also said that he wants to stay with Ferrari.

Tell me the driver of a poor car who hasn't complained about it and I'll show you someone who does not care enough about both his own and team performances.

Il_leone I'm not really sure why you picked 2009 as a bad year for Newey. Red Bull won their first 6 races that year and it's the car that set the foundations for what's happened since then. It was the fastest single diffuser car on the grid.

It is possible that Vettel will want a challenge. But I think, reading his interviews, winning 8 titles is his aim.

But, given a good car there's at least two drivers who will challenge.

What else was Alonso supposed to say? Yes I love McLaren and would love to join them or do what most drivers in his position would do and say he respects his contract? It still wouldn't stop him from being a legitimate target for McLaren though. The relationship with Ferrari has not only gone sour, his chances of winning another WDC is going to take a big hit next year. So if Riciardo bombs next year that could potentially open up another avenue. I think the only thing that would keep Alonso at Ferrari beyond next year is another WDC. He's clearly highly motivated and Vettel's dominance probably irks him the most out of all the drivers.

Last edited:
I think it's worth keeping in mind that Ferraril have secured the services of two crucial members of Lotus's technical staff, We already have seen what they can deliver on a budget far inferior to Ferrari's, so there is a distinct possibilty that Ferrari's aero package might be a different proposition over the next few years.

sushifiesta Newey at times can get caught out by the rules because the Red Bull had to be redesigned with the double diffuser ..it was a very fast car but Brawn outsmarted him first and it left Red Bull a big gap to claw back

the fact he had to play catch up lost him valuable points even though some of it is down to Vettel not making most of his opportunities on race day

------------

Josh siffert_fan I remember Vettel was in the barriers a lot or suffered a lot of broken wheels before he had a front running car then again it seems Vettel is Helmut's golden boy so Ricciardo will play obedient No 2

Incubus

Thanks for pointing out that Ferrari hired two highly rated engineers who might be able to come up with a car that matches anything Newey can put out

Bill Boddy

I think you have to realise at Ferrari its full of nasty politics and you don;t criticise the car or team the way Alonso does and not expect to get the bullet for it ... see Alain Prost as reference point

I agree all drivers complain about their car it is just that at Ferrari it seems you have to tread more carefully than other teams

Bill Boddy then the only option Luca has is to hire the current world champion to calm things down

WHen Schumacher was hired , everyone was angry ALesi was forced out but they soon forgot about it when Schumie cleaned up

Il_leone - Vettel was in the barriers a lot before he got a front running car? hmmm.

Maybe the odd time but did you see his results? Ricciardo can't even beat Vergne yet.

RasputinLives

2008 - his first 4 races were accidents

Everyone is giving Ricciardo no chance... he may turn and do a Mansell and ruffle his supposedly superior teammate

Wishful thinking but a bit of Red Bull inter team rivalry would be nice for 2014

If they wanted an inter team battle they would've recruited a top driver. In any case I'm sure Ricciardo will endear himself to a lot of fans if he refrains from getting shit starts for a start (note tautology doesn't apply here)

Ricciardo qualifed well this weekend, had a poor start putting him back in the pack, complained their was something not right about his car then threw it in the barriers. If he'd only gone into an interview to call a bunch of other drivers idiots and dangerous afterwards we might have had to change his last name to Webber.

Back
Top Bottom