Farce-India Gate?

If they go that route then I'm removing them from FF1 as I can't be arsed with all the additional work.

Force India have rapidly become the HRT of 2013 with their current situation.

Surely saying they'll analyse each driver makes it a shoot-out? And what would be wrong with them admitting it's a shoot-out anyway, in my opinion, that would be the best way, because if they look into anything else, they'd be looking into sponsorship so the speed would be irrelevant?

Agreed. Do they not have a decent PR department?

"Yes, we are evaluating both Jules and Adrian for the second Force India seat, and whoever we feel will give the best chance for the team to achieve its goals this season will secure a race seat."

All that needs to be said.

They're saying its not a shoot out so that when Narain Karthkeyen jumps into the car for P1 in Melbourne they can meet the media scrum with a 'we didn't say it was going to be sutil or bianchi'

In fact at this rate they won't announce who it is at all. Their second car will just be going round the track and we'll have to try and figure out who they've chosen by his eyes through the visor.

the only thing you can is Di Resta is / will be the team leader as he is the only one who will get full testing running whilst the others squabble over the 2nd seat

Maybe Force India should just auction the 2nd seat bring in $20m of sponsors with you and you've got the drive ! Simples

If seriously they want Sutil back then he need as much time to get rid of his rustiness and similarly if they want to avoid some expensive repair bills from rookie inexperience that Bianchi might have then they should give him more time in the car

Speaking of Mr Sutil he's back talking to the press again (he's not afraid of a bit of PR that lad) saying he thinks he's done all he can to secure the seat.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/8514380/Sutil-Done-everything-I-can

Interestingly he also states in the interview that the selection won't all be on speed and talent but will be judged on business and sponsorship packages too or, and I quote, "The team would have named its line up long before the first test".

At long last someonr within the Force India camp not acting like still not having decided your line up by late Feb is not a perfectly normal way of doing things!

Incidently if Sutil does rejoin the grid he'll be the driver with the most grand prixs without a win or a podium.

Ted Kravitz did mention something interesting in yesterdays notebook I think it was.

That Force India may be putting off Bianchi because they're a Mercedes costumer team and are afraid of upsetting them. Maybe FI want assurances from Ferrari that they won't push Ferrari engines on them as part of a deal to get Bianchi in the car?

With in throwing it down with hail it looks like Bianchi is not going to get his test day. Will this delay the second driver decision even further?

Back
Top Bottom