Cycling

Various scrapes and bruises F1Yorkshire, Automatic reaction to brace one's fall by reaching out when rolling across one's back is safer, shock bruising to upper arms and shoulder, ace scrape and bruise to inner thigh where bar end dug in. It was 35 kms into the ride............................I rode another 70 kms!
Thanks for asking.:cheers:

Last edited:
Gotta soldier on! I would have done the same but I physically couldn't get back on my bike. Least it's a relatively minor injury unless you're right handed in which case you're screwed lol!

No mate, too much to spend on roads I ride every week. My brother's ridden it a couple of times though, it sells out so quick you have to enter a ballot or raise ridiculous sums for charity, like many other amateur sporting events.
I'm aiming to ride 5 or 6 events this year, The Pits.

I thought you'd say something like that. I was giving it a little thought, it is quite a way to go for me, but the climbing looks really good.

As mentioned above, today I did the 141 km of Paris-Roubaix Challenge. Which is starting in Roubaix, and then all the cobblesections from Wallers-Arenberg.
I did the same last yearm this year it went a lot better. I was in a fast group till Wallers (35 km/h average going onto the cobbles). On the cobblesection I overtook a lot more people than I was overtaken, until the last 3 sectors where my energylevel was drained a bit. Nevertheless I did the 141 km in about 4 hours 45 minutes, avereging 30 km/h.
Last year I had an average of 27,6, although that was 15 km more (they took a shorter route to Wallers).
And I don't have as much blisters as last year :)
So I'm pretty pleased :)

image.jpg

Looks great gethinceri let us know how you get on with it. I have just over a week until I am allowed to officially think about indulging, although the new house seems to be taking up more and more of the money that we dont have!!

As an aside, I took part in the Evans Rideit sportive this weekend, really good ride, although fuelling up on a McDonalds the night before was not the best idea. My time was 29th out of the 239 who took part in the same route, quite chuffed with that, bearing in mind the wind. I think I could have gone a bit quicker if I was properly fuelled.

http://images.evanscycles.com/uploa...eynes_14/MK_sun_sportive_rider_times_2014.pdf

I was in the medium, listed as 60m but actually 61.4m, the extra 1.4 made a big difference. The timing indicated 3.41, but my own timing was 3.34, as there was a bit of walking involved after you trigger the start, and when you get back.

BTW Peter Trasler on the timing sheets.

Back
Top Bottom