Bernie Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone attempted to qualify for a single World Championship event. He was in a Connaught-Alta, one of a fleet of three entered by himself. He finished qualifying 265.2 seconds off the pace, and his two team-mates failed to qualify as well.

He is, however, the most important single person in Grand Prix history. He took charge of Motor Racing Developments in 1972, from Ron Tauranac. He was the team principal for Nelson Piquet's two drivers' titles, but he'd lost interest by the time Brabham missed the deadline to enter the 1988 World Championship.

Into the governance of the sport he went, and he modernised it, and quickly controlled Formula One. He is now the leader of a billion-dollar industry. He is a divisive figure, but he's not done badly for someone who was four minutes off the pace on a Saturday in Monaco.

I think the "consorting" could probably be more described as "audience participation"

It would be nice to be trusting, part of me is desperate to believe that he genuinely has lots in common with women 50 years his junior, he's just searching for the right one, but it keeps coming back to "Another money grabber meets a rich, dirty old man"

Well if I were as rich as Bernie, what would I spend my money on?

you cannot take it with you, and he probably couldnt spend it all if he tried, so why not?

As a woman I really don't find Mr. Ecclestone in the least attractive in a bedroom sort of way. His money is very attractive, but I still don't think it would tempt me into a romantic relationship. Secretary, housekeeper, for lots and lots of money.

You aren't really selling yourself BillBody . At the moment I have you as a cross between Bernie E and Flavio. It's not a good look.

Bernie has the same attraction as a snake - probably a python - both in the marital stakes and business. He mesmerises for all sorts of reasons

Pythons sneak up on the unaware; in the same way that Bernie sneaks up on business 'partners'. Equally, I suspect, he spots a lady that he wants and then makes her an offer she can't refuse.

I'm not saying he is unlovable or incapable of love - I just think he would prefer not to test either theory at his age.

Back
Top Bottom