BBC to axe F1 from 2013? Confirmed - F1 will be on Sky from 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from commentating on Free Practice on Friday, has Anthony Davidson been given any other role aswell? It just seems a waste if we're only getting him on a Friday the mans a genius in my eyes.

More details of the Sky offering: http://www.skymedia.co.uk/_downloads/1269/F1 2012 Sales proposal (1).pdf

On non-F1 race weeks, the Sky F1 channel will be on:
  • 2000 - 2300 Monday to Thursday
  • 1900 - 2300 Friday
  • 1500 - 2300 Saturday & Sunday
So that's 32 hours of programming, probably a mixture of repeats, interviews, etc.

On F1 race weeks, the channel will be on:
  • 2000 - 2300 Monday to Thursday
  • 0700 - 0000 Friday to Sunday
Which is 63 hours of programming.

Operating dates will be March 9 to November 30.

Interesting that there is no mention of positioning of ad breaks during the show. They are mentioned they will be there but nothing about whether they will be avoided during the race or not :rolleyes:

Sky have previously pledged not to show adverts during the race. Whether that applies only for this season, or indefinitely, is unclear to me.

I thought it bad news when ITV took it on and showed adverts mid race. The switch to Sky is a complete disaster for those of us not prepared to pay £40/month to watch it. I still live in hope they'll change the current thinking and at least show us the full race after it's been shown on Sky live.

It is rumoured the Sky F1 channel will be on Freeview for around £10 / month. See below.
Sky is the only place showing free practice, qually and all the races in full live. I believe there is no qually or free practice on the BBC even for the weekends they have the full race live.

Even if I didn't have SKY HD and wasn't getting the F1 channel for no extra money:p . I would pay the £10/month for the Sky channel on free view. I couldn't do without my F1 fix.

http://duncanblog.dailymail.co.uk/2...available-for-freeview-customers-in-2012.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom