BBC to axe F1 from 2013? Confirmed - F1 will be on Sky from 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky just announced record profits off their ten million customers too...so hang on, they have 10 million subscribers right? So that means to get anything like the viewing figures on the BBC this year they're going to have 70-100 of their entire customer base watching the F1 every race weekend? Dream on.

About 101%. But its not about the viewing figures, its about the subscribers. I know I'm considering it. (Having said that, I've always been considering it. Revenue streams haven't flowed though!)

Stinks stinks stinks!

The thing is most teams are run from the UK, even those that arent British (RedBull).

Surely if the fan base of these teams voiced their opinions to the teams they can at least help fight on their behalf? The teams wont want this will they?

Also couldnt they leave Jake and Eddie in the UK, cut on the practices so they save money and can still show all the races live?

Stinks stinks stinks!

The thing is most teams are run from the UK, even those that arent British (RedBull).

Surely if the fan base of these teams voiced their opinions to the teams they can at least help fight on their behalf? The teams wont want this will they?

Also couldnt they leave Jake and Eddie in the UK, cut on the practices so they save money and can still show all the races live?
Too late, the deal is done.

One thing I will say, there will be nothing wrong with the coverage on Sky. They've literally done a literally good job with literally any sport they've literally covered[/jamie], along with the hype. Problem is no bugger will see it!

One thing I will say, there will be nothing wrong with the coverage on Sky. They've literally done a literally good job with literally any sport they've literally covered[/jamie], along with the hype. Problem is no bugger will see it!
I'm sure that the coverage itself will be alright, but it's just the fact that it's not free-to-air.
Scenario: Exclusive Sky-broadcast race - 500000 viewers
Joint Broadcast - 5 million on BBC, 100000 on Sky.
No sense whatsoever.

Well that's it for me then. F1 will now be a "when I can catch it" sport rather than a huge passion of mine :(

I don't have Sky, am not in a position to have Sky and refuse to PPV (which it will be eventually).

Agreed.

Very disappointing and it once again proves Bernie’s hypocrisy. I personally can’t wait for this midget to do one.

I refuse to get Sky and I’m afraid some of us would just have to bite our tongues and catch the highlights after. Sky pursues a more aggressive marketing strategy than ITV so you can expect the coverage to be diluted with poorly timed adverts. I had their package a few years ago and I recall them increasing the monthly repayments at will without even bothering to give me prior notice. I’m not doing it again and would rather save the money and attend at least one GP a year.

That'll be the end of F1 for me, I'll never put a satellite dish on the side of my house (no matter the cost) and I'm not interested in following a sport where I can only watch half of the races.

On the plus side it means I have no reason to buy that shiny Freeview HD card I was eyeing up, that's £100 saved - thank you Bernie.

Formula One is a unique sporting product and cannot be compared to Sky's coverage of football, cricket or any other sport with scheduled breaks. Good luck following an overtaking move conveniently interrupted with a 'tic tac advert' or similar.

The only way to send a message to Bernie and his phone - hacking colleagues is to refuse to watch f1 on sky. Simple as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom